SE1 postal service problems (part 3)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 7 of 10
Harriet Thursday 29 April 2004 11.35am
I also had a call from someone last night (at 9pm on my mobile) - not sure how he got my number.

He said he was a journalist covering the story but wouldn't give his surname, say from which paper or what the angle was, and he then asked me twice to confirm if I was one of the people who have posted in this thread on this forum.

I deal with the press quite a bit at work, and I thought his behaviour was a bit unusual, so I simply said that like a lot of people in SE1, I have experienced problems with my mail and I supported this campaign and left it at that.

Biro - the other person who collated details for the original meeting was me - I haven't passed them onto anyone else except Hat, and then only where people were happy for those details to be passed on.

hat Thursday 29 April 2004 11.48am
That sounds a bit scary,
I haven't passed anyone's details on to anyone apart from Cllr Porter, and now, to the Evening Standard. Certainly I haven't had phone numbers for most people...
Harriet Thursday 29 April 2004 11.50am
Call me paranoid, but there are only three sets of people I think I have given my mobile number to, Simon Hughes, Royal Mail and Postwatch...

Edited to say - I should clarify, it wasn't a scary call at all - he just didn't come across as very effective (which most professional journalists, even at the junior end, do).

He also gave up far too quickly to be a journo, IMHO !

;-)

Post edited (29 Apr 04 12:53)
harry yanos Thursday 29 April 2004 12.53pm
Harriet,
You're doing a grand job. I got a reply from Postwatch some weeks ago (and some stamps). However I have not had a reply from Tony Phelan, the man I was told to write to at Mandela Way.
Maurits Thursday 29 April 2004 1.14pm
I asked Cllr Porter and he has never given any telephone numbers to anyone.

Harriet, what means IMHO?
Harriet Thursday 29 April 2004 1.25pm
IMHO = In my humble opinion.

There was a thread on this in Chatter not so long ago too....

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read.php?f=1&i=12745&t=12413#reply_12745

hat Thursday 29 April 2004 1.37pm
Anthony Phelan has been in touch with me - and is trying to set up a meeting some time in the next week or so. More details as and when. Looks like the Standard will have a story on us tomorrow, also possibly the Indie. Will let you know more, as I know it.
Hat
rach Thursday 29 April 2004 2.12pm
great stuff hat!
James Hatts Thursday 29 April 2004 5.02pm
London Tonight on ITV1 has just trailed an item on the postal service

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
hat Thursday 29 April 2004 5.11pm
More updates - the Telegraph have been in touch - they would like to talk to some people - if anyone else feels like talking to the press, please email me at fabhat[a]hotmail.com and I'll put the journalist in touch. The Evening Standard is running a piece on tuesday.

Hat
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 7 of 10

This thread has been closed

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions