Berkeley Homes development at Potters Fields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 8 of 20
michael salkeld Wednesday 5 May 2004 10.50pm
Seems to be the case
Lang Rabbie Thursday 6 May 2004 8.48am
Might Berkeley's latest witness have been Giles Worsley - sometime architecture correspondent for the Daily Telegraph?

He is better known for books and articles bemoaning the demolition of country houses.
Modigliani Thursday 6 May 2004 2.28pm
Does anyone know when the local residents are going to speak at this inquiry?

Modigliani
alan chapman Thursday 6 May 2004 3.26pm
At present the local residents have been informed that they will probably be "on stage" on 10th June. Berkeley Homes are putting their case until 14th May then Southwark put their case until 9th June after that it is the turn of "third parties".
Ruck & Maul Thursday 6 May 2004 4.24pm
If it really is going to be local residents only I will be very interested to see how many turn up...
alan chapman Thursday 6 May 2004 5.45pm
Anyone who wants to speak at the Inquiry should have turned up on the first day to register their interest. Only about three peolpe did so. I am not sure what the position is if someone wants to speak but was not there on the first day.
the advocate Thursday 6 May 2004 5.54pm
Alan,

When you say third parties does that include English Heriatge and the Tower of London. I would have thought they would require some time for their submissions?

alan chapman Thursday 6 May 2004 6.16pm
No, English heritage are appearing as witnesses for Southwark probably on 19th may, but Historic Royal Palaces are appearing in their own right probably on 9th June. I have a timetable and have tried to post it on the pottersfields website, but without success. If you like I can e-mail it to anyone who is interested.
Andrew Ecclestone Thursday 6 May 2004 11.14pm
Alan,

Is it not possible to cut & paste the timetable into a post on this forum? If it is not, I've emailed you just in case.
alan chapman Friday 7 May 2004 8.26am
The timetable is eleven pages long. I don't think it would be appreciated here!! I have forwarded it to you however.
Current: 8 of 20

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions