Weston Street tunnel

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 21 July 2010 10.15pm
Anyone know how long/why the weston street tunnel remains closed. A week or so ago there was work that blocked the southern end yet this cleared towards the end of last week. the northern end (and entrance) remains closed off yet there is nothing actually happening there ?
Wednesday 21 July 2010 10.37pm
Well there is something going on in Tooley Street that would block the view of drivers running the red light turning right into Weston Street.

I know this will sound a tad paranoid/cynical but I do wonder if they do this sort of thing to test public response whilst getting people used to it before it becomes permanent.
Thursday 22 July 2010 7.24am
beetroot wrote:
Well there is something going on in Tooley Street that would block the view of drivers running the red light turning right into Weston Street.
I know this will sound a tad paranoid/cynical but I do wonder if they do this sort of thing to test public response whilst getting people used to it before it becomes permanent.

Not quite sure what you mean here beetroot, there is no light at the junction of Weston and Tooley so presumably as you said turning right, you meant the light at the corner of Stainer and Tooley with traffic heading east from London Bridge being the possible transgressors.
Maybe you meant that drivers intending to make a right into Weston would be less likely to run a red if they could not see if Weston was clear, but that would not stop light jumpers who intended to go straight on toward TBR.
Haven't had my morning jolt of caffeine yet, so perhaps I'm not seeing things clearly, apologies if I appear a tad slow on the uptake, perhaps the more I think about it the clearer it will become.
Thursday 22 July 2010 9.01am
I wasn't clear but you're exactly right. I meant the lights with the pedestrian crossing nearer Stainer. Sometimes drivers that will be turning right are put off running that light if there are lots of people crossing Weston. Maybe it's because they're left hanging there. With the view blocked they might just fly round the corner.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network