Simon Hughes - MP. Nil Response!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Friday 23 July 2010 11.12am
Have any other se1 forum members written to Simon Hughes MP via email?

I have sent the same query to his office 3 times in the last 6/7 weeks and although I have received an automatic holding response email.

I have not heard anything! I am really irritated by this seeming lack of courtesy or care having voted for him to begin with....

SIMON HUGHES MP - Please return your constituency correspondance however mundane you may feel it is!

Thanks
Julia
Friday 23 July 2010 1.35pm
Glad Im not the only one who has been ignored. I wrote to him before Christmas via email and pen/paper and still no response. Think its very poor considering he wants our votes!
Friday 23 July 2010 2.04pm
I have had mixed success. I emailed Simon on 04 February but have yet to have a response. However I also emailed him on another matter on 04 March and got a response from one of his staff within an hour or two and likewise with the follow up questions.

I would recommend giving his office a quick call to check your email has been received and what the status of it is. His constituency team are on 020 7232 2557 every week day except Wednesday, between 13:00 and 16:00.
Friday 23 July 2010 8.30pm
Pops wrote:
Think its very poor considering he wants our votes!

Did you let him know you are Muslim? - you are clearly not a "Sister" or "Brother" so to the back of the queue you go!
Friday 23 July 2010 10.14pm
Hi Julia,
can I help?
Cllr Graham Neale, South Bermondsey Ward.
[url=mailto:office@grahamneale.com]email[/url]
Zoe
Saturday 24 July 2010 7.39am
Gosh Boss St Bloke, that's a really nasty thing to say and I'm a bit shocked at you. Do you think Simon shouldn't be representing his constituents because they are from a religion you don't like.

Perhaps you should replace Muslim with Black British, or women, or people in wheelchairs, would you be as comfortable with what you are saying, making such broad generalistions.

I'm sure you'd find Muslims find it just as frustrating as everyone else when they don't hear from their MP, and Simon clearly needs to get his office sorted out if people are writing three times and not getting an answer (though I think there may still be a backlog from the election, when MP's get extra correspondence, but aren't actually working as MP's).
Saturday 24 July 2010 7.56am
Hey, I didn't make the Video - Si did. I didn't speak those words, Si did. I didn't mention I disliked any religion - you did. I didn't mention any of the other stuff either - you did. Don't lecture me and get of your high horse.

My take on that awful video is that he is sucking up to Muslim voters in a way I find inappropriate.
Saturday 24 July 2010 8.33am
It reflects my experience... no reply... wrong postcode maybe? I would have voted for Val were it not for the fact that she represented Labour, as she's always replied.
Saturday 24 July 2010 9.53am
Boss St Bloke wrote:
Hey, I didn't make the Video - Si did. .... I didn't mention I disliked any religion - you did. I didn't mention any of the other stuff either - you did. Don't lecture me and get of your high horse.
My take on that awful video is that he is sucking up to Muslim voters in a way I find inappropriate.

Spot on.

Zoe, possibly you didn't click thru the link in BSB's post?

http://tinyurl.com/laj7ws

What a creep! For a palate cleanser: http://tinyurl.com/343o3dx .
Saturday 24 July 2010 2.20pm
Apparently Sh's office gets a thousand emails a week so I wouldring if you have heard nothing back. They have always been very helpful to me.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: