Shirt cleaning that doesn't individually wrap each shirt in plastic?!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 28 July 2010 12.47pm
Hi there
Can anyone recommend a cleaners in SE1 (London Bridge/TBR area) that does a shirt laundry/pressing service but does not individually wrap each shirt in plastic before returning them?! I find it hugely wasteful and damaging to the environment to throw away 5 large plastic bags every week.
Thank you so much
Wednesday 28 July 2010 2.07pm
I've used Magic Touch dry cleaners for a couple of years, 169 New Kent Rd (5 mins walk along from Bricklayers Arms just past the BP garage). Nice people and until recently was 1.50/shirt for 10... but now 2. They put one big plastic around the whole lot, not individually.
Wednesday 28 July 2010 5.34pm
I go to Principles on Crosby Row. It's 9 for 5 shirts. They bundle shirts up in batches of three or four and put a plastic wrapper over each bundle.
Monday 2 August 2010 7.43am
We use Immaculate in Great Suffolk Street parade - 8.99 for 5 shirts and we just ask them not to individually wrap each short - they are happy to oblige. Maybe that is all it takes - just ask the cleaners not to individually wrap - after all it is in their interest too as saves them money! PS we stopped using Haywards on Bor High St as they put shirts into a presser and pay no attention to button down collars etc - ruined several of ours, plus crease goes all down sleeve and onto the cuff!. Immaculate hand iron everything!!
Monday 2 August 2010 12.26pm
I use the guys who run the newsagent/general store on Bermondsey street next door to Pussy Willow. 5 shirts for 8 and their opening hours are good for us (8am til 9pm).
Tuesday 3 August 2010 10.57pm
I use the place next to The Miller pub on Snowsfields. It's 7.99 for 5 with 1 wrapper around the bundle. It's open all day on Saturdays as well I think
Wednesday 4 August 2010 3.01pm
Thank you everyone for the help!
Wednesday 4 August 2010 4.44pm
Does anyone have any similar recommendations in the Waterloo area?
Wednesday 4 August 2010 5.02pm
I used the chap on blackfriars rd last time i needed shirts done ( not very often), cant remember the price but shirts were all in one, he also got red wine stains out of white shirts.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: