Kate Hoey - Double response!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 29 July 2010 3.49pm
I've just been looking at the thread entitled "Simon Hughes - MP. Nil Response!" and I thought it might be interesting to some SE1-ers to share a recent experience of mine.

About two weeks before the election (when all the candidates would have been very busy) I was an undecided voter, so I sent an email to my three candidates asking for their opinion of the Digital Economies Act, and telling them that their response would dictate the way I would vote. The responses were:

Conservative: No response at all.

Liberal: Weasely email response ("Liberal MPs voted against the Bill" -- failing to mention that many more of them voted for it).

Labour (Kate Hoey): email response, followed a week later (but still before the election) by another (differently worded) response, delivered by post.

You can guess who got my vote.
Friday 30 July 2010 11.45am
Given that the Lib Dem amendment demanded an assumption of innocence, I would assume you voted for the Lib Dem candidate, Caroline Pidgeon. Granted 'Tally Ho-ey' broke the Labour Whip, but the Labour law was passed, putting sites like WikiLeaks (and the recent Afghan revelations) at risk of being shut down.
Friday 30 July 2010 3.25pm
I used to do some projects involving helping people who had housing difficulties or other problems get back into work - Kate hoey was consistantly praised for her help...
Friday 30 July 2010 4.42pm
I've always found Kate to be massively helpful whenever needed.
Friday 30 July 2010 5.01pm
Kate Hoey is an all round good egg.
Sunday 1 August 2010 9.58am
graham wrote:
Given that the Lib Dem amendment demanded an assumption of innocence, I would assume you voted for the Lib Dem candidate, Caroline Pidgeon. Granted 'Tally Ho-ey' broke the Labour Whip, but the Labour law was passed, putting sites like WikiLeaks (and the recent Afghan revelations) at risk of being shut down.

My vote was for an individual on the ballot-sheet, not for a party. I was hoping to find out who would give me an honest answer that they could defend (even if I personally disagreed with it).

Doing a little reading on Kate Hoey I was interested to learn how often she votes with her conscience instead of with her party, and the fact that she came out of the expenses scandal completely unblemished.
Monday 2 August 2010 8.58am
JeandePierre wrote:
graham wrote:

My vote was for an individual on the ballot-sheet, not for a party. I was hoping to find out who would give me an honest answer that they could defend (even if I personally disagreed with it).

Doing a little reading on Kate Hoey I was interested to learn how often she votes with her conscience instead of with her party, and the fact that she came out of the expenses scandal completely unblemished.

If your vote was going to be for an individual not a party, what constituency do you actually live in?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: