Barclays Cycle Hire

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 1 of 11
ssimps01 Monday 2 August 2010 9.18am
Teething problems.

So far I've been accidentally charged 96 upon joining - I've been told this will be refunded - and today I've been charged a 150 late fee due to a faulty docking station that failed to recognise a returned bike, but locked in place anyway.

The 150 charge may or may not be refunded in a few days. Apparantly they have a lot of similar incidents to work through before they can look to see if the bike I returned is where I left it.

Advertisement

Ivanhoe Monday 2 August 2010 2.10pm
Oh dear.

It's going to be pretty unlikely that the bike you used is still in the same place where you left it, isn't it? Hope you get it resolved satisfactorily.

(Sorry to hear that it's not worked for you, but thanks for sharing the news. I want to use the scheme, but was holding off until I'd heard whether it was working well or not.)

...if you press it, they will come.
James Hatts Monday 2 August 2010 2.43pm
I had the same problem as ssimps01 with a bike I returned to Bricklayers Arms on Friday.

My account was suspended and I was fined 150

This morning a phantom journey that I didn't make appeared on my account:
http://twitpic.com/2axcw5

And later a second fine of 150 was added for no apparent reason:

http://twitpic.com/2axjdq

Eventually at lunchtime they reinstated my account and said that the 300 fine will be cancelled.

When the system works, it is fantastic and I heartily recommend it.

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
se1lurker Monday 2 August 2010 3.15pm
ssimps01 wrote:
Teething problems.
So far I've been accidentally charged 96 upon joining

Were you ordering 2 keys?
ssimps01 Monday 2 August 2010 3.20pm
I think you automatically get fined 150 after 24 hours for late return, then another 150 a day later for being a thief.
I phoned to let them know there was a problem before I got the fine/suspension, as I think James did. I'm sure if they put 2 and 2 together, bike not registered as returned and someone phoning to say the docking didn't work, then they can avoid fining/refunding people all the time.

To be honest I'm more annoyed that they have suspended my account. I'm sure they won't actually fine me in the end. But the bikes are great, and I was planning on using one this morning and this evening.

ps...I only ordered one key.
ssimps01 Monday 2 August 2010 4.07pm
They've lost teh bike.
ssimps01 Monday 2 August 2010 4.24pm
No wait. They haven't lost it. They just haven't been to look for it yet.
So they will charge me another 150 while they prepare to go and look to see if there is a problem with the docking station I originally reported.
Zappomatic Monday 2 August 2010 5.24pm
I've been charged twice for my key and year's access - waiting for someone "more senior" to phone me back about a refund. Otherwise I'm loving it so far as it's practically halved my journey time to work in Victoria.
boroughmark Monday 2 August 2010 7.02pm
It will take a while to settle down but I think its a great system.......I am currently in Barcelona and everyone here uses it. If it reduces congestion from short journeys that will help and hopefully motorists will be more respectful of more cyclists on the roads
Boss St Bloke Monday 2 August 2010 7.04pm
Have to say the bikes look fab, saw 4 or so up near Liverpool Street today - like the flashing lights!

Are they comfy? - they look like they have a big old seat on them.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 1 of 11

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions