Tooley Street monster

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Friday 6 August 2010 12.02pm
Revealed: the truth behind the Tooley Street sea monster
Friday 6 August 2010 London SE1 website team
Passers-by on Tooley Street can't have failed to notice the creature that has taken up residence in the flower bed since May.
This model has been a real talking point over the summer and cheered up many a passer-by.

Sounds like good fun but can anyone confirm they actually noticed it considering it's been there since May and has been 'a real talking point'
Friday 6 August 2010 12.34pm
I saw it for the first time the other day, as I don't often 'stray' up that way - and it really made me smile widely :-) It is a joy to behold, and the photo doesn't really do it justice.

Well done, chaps - and thanks.
Friday 6 August 2010 1.24pm
I noticed it!! the flowers there make me so happy!
Friday 6 August 2010 1.27pm
btw - i took a photo of it and sent it out to my friends etc.

WELL DONE the team that did it. Its really nice and that spot is always creatively done with aplomb
Friday 6 August 2010 1.27pm
Congratulations to Mike and the team from everybody at Team London Bridge. A fantastic addition to the area. The kids especially love it which is great given the very adult orientated environment that is central London. Worth every penny!
Friday 6 August 2010 2.39pm
I think it's great everytime I pass it, and I've emailed this article to several people who've commented on how good it is, thank you James! (and I hope you get your bike account up and working).
Friday 6 August 2010 7.14pm
Saw it for the first time today while on a weary trudge from east to west along Tooley Street, and it made me stop, look and smile. It was unexpected and is beautifully constructed. I hope it survives.
Friday 6 August 2010 8.22pm
Finally worked out where it is. Absolutely love it.

Friday 6 August 2010 9.30pm
He looks ready for the annual Tooley Street flood.
Saturday 7 August 2010 12.58pm
Saw it when it first went in and it makes me smile every time I see it.......well done guys. It's the little things that can often make the biggest difference.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: