Abbey Street Laundrette

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 11 August 2010 10.19am
Hi all,
My washing machine has packed up so will need to use the laundrette again for a while.
Tried to call them but their listed phone number 0207 237 8877 is not recoognised.
Does anyone know the opening hours and how much they charge for a service wash?
Wednesday 11 August 2010 11.18am
Our washing machine was on the blink just before Christmas and we had to use the ABbey Street launderette.

The landline doesn't work (I think they have a mobile?). I know they're still open at 7pm on a weekday if that helps. It wasn't the cheapest (though they did a good job) at about 20 for a (fullish) bag full of washing. The lady did it in the space of a few hours for us though and, as I say, it was nicely folded and smelt nice.
Wednesday 11 August 2010 11.20am
Not cheap is it! I might bring a book and sit while I just put a load on myself.
Thanks for the info Gavin, very helpful.
Wednesday 11 August 2010 6.45pm
FYI - arrived at the Abbey St Laundrette with my bags of washing about 6.15 and it was shut! Looks like it closes a lot earlier than 7pm.
Anyone know of any others that open late midweek?
Wednesday 11 August 2010 7.45pm
sorry to hear that Alison - perhaps it is under new management or something - not very impressive.

There is a launderette further down Tower Bridge Road, I think (near to GT Stewart Solicitors if you know what). Not sure of their opening hours now.
Thursday 12 August 2010 12.25am
Being shut at 6.15 may have just been a blip in staffing. I'm sure they're open till 7 normally.

The one in Tower Bridge Road closed a few years ago - but it wasn't very nice anyway, careless customers not clearing up after themselves, broken baskets, grumpy attendant (sorry if she was someone's granny, but she made me cry once!)

The Abbey St one is much nicer.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: