The Dean Swift in Shad Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 18 August 2010 8.26pm
hi guys,

what does people think about The Dean Swift in shad thames since its re opened? have they beat the bridge house re food?i think it's bit noisy. the pub looks good though.
Saturday 21 August 2010 3.04pm
Haven't eaten there but the food on the next table did look nice. I've always preferred the DS to All Bar One .. it's possible to get served for one thing!
Saturday 21 August 2010 6.11pm
jonnyp42 wrote:
Haven't eaten there but the food on the next table did look nice. I've always preferred the DS to All Bar One .. it's possible to get served for one thing!

Haha! I don't know what is with getting served at ABO in general, but the Shad Thames one is awful , even when it's not busy. And I saw one half of the cheeky girls in there once. The DS is OK, but what is with that tiny bar?
Monday 23 August 2010 7.17am
I would describe the DS as steadily going down hill and has been for about three years. Used to be a lively friendly locals place with friendly chatty staff, pizzas from the take away next door and generally well chosen sport on the TVs. The friendly welcome stopped a long time ago with a change of bar manager and what seems to be a revolving door of bar staff.

Taking out the high tables at the recent refit was a mistake.

Oddly the beer has always been a bit bad, bitter usually off and only place that I know that consistently could'nt keep Fosters, which is going some. Hopefully that has improved with the refit?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: