Kid friendly pubs and are there any ?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 20 August 2010 11.37pm
Hi all ,
I moved here in April and i have a 7 year old son and i would like to know if there are any kid friendly pubs with a garden and kids menu etc anywhere in SE1 .
I go to EV's deli by Southwark tube which is amazing and a green oasis but is there anywhere else i can go for a drink that wont be full of suits ( no offence meant )
I dont know anyone here and would like to find some friends locally .

Saturday 21 August 2010 7.22am
The Prince of Wales on St Georges Road is child friendly, great food aswel.
Sunday 22 August 2010 9.54pm
Hi Pops
Thanks for that , I shall go have a gander .

Monday 23 August 2010 8.33am
Here are some pubs that will take kids in SE1:

The Pommelers Rest.- Towbridge Road (no garden and is a bit skankey; JDW)
Horniman at Hays, - Hays Galleraia (no garden, gets very busy)

Both of these will let the littlens in until about 21:00 if you're eating.

Anchor Tap - Shad Thames, allows kids in outside area at the back only; Sam Smiths so it's super market beer.

There are also two JDWs over the river; one by the Tower and one at the End on Mansell St. JDW might be far from ideal, but in London they seem to be one of the few places that allow kids.

Good Luck.
Monday 23 August 2010 9.15am
Hi ,
Thanks for that .
I shall be thankful that i found EV's and add the others to possible maybe's .

Monday 23 August 2010 10.16am
A little further afield is the Three Stags on the corner of Lambeth and Kennington Road, near the War Museum, no garden but very good food and cool with children. Also the Grand Union on Brook Drive, has a roof terrace,(with free wifi) good food and children are welcome, I think as in most places until 21.00hrs.
Monday 23 August 2010 10.45am
Hi ,
The Grand Union sounds good , will give it a try .
thanks again
Monday 23 August 2010 11.50am
The Glad on Lant Street hasn't got a garden but you can sit outside. The pia, mash and mushy peas menu is really good though the portions will be too big for one small kid. If you pass by, stick your head in and you should get a good idea if it's your sort of place.
Monday 23 August 2010 12.43pm
If the weather is ok Bermondsey square is quite good if you have kids-there is the bar from the Cinema, the hotel and Del aziz and there is lots of room to run around which is what my son normally does.
Monday 23 August 2010 4.50pm
A tad fortuitous clicking on this thread.
I now have a little list of places to avoid like the plague, thanks everyone.
Don't misunderstand me, I love children, but I'm a firm believer in time and place, and as far as I'm concerned a pub is no place for a kid, at least not at any time that I want to go in one.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: