Bespoke Cabinetry

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 23 August 2010 12.39pm
Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for the a bespoke maker of cabinetry in the area? I know there's a number of threads on here but they're all quite old and looking for some current recommendations. I'm after a craftsman/artist as opposed to someone who's just a 'chippie' because the unit will be on show in the main room and needs to be finished to the highest standard.

The unit will involve book shelves, closed shelves, sliding panels and maybe some integrated lighting. Cost is a real issue for me but still trying to get something high quality if possible. I've tried contacting Simon Kidd a number of times but no response (probably a bit pricey anyways)...any similar recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

gary
Monday 23 August 2010 1.32pm
Iain Parker, whom I've recommended many times on here, is still 'about'. He is not just a 'chippy' but more a craftsman. You will not be disappointed with his bespoke joinery. I don't have his number to hand but it easily found on the forum. Good luck!
Monday 23 August 2010 5.18pm
Call Stephen Trickett-what you want is just up his street!
I am a very satisfied customer and can recommend him- he is also a very nice bloke!

Tel 0790 5533 789

http://stephentrickett.com/
Tuesday 24 August 2010 9.58am
Thank you both, I will give them a call and see what kind of damage I'm looking at...
Wednesday 16 November 2011 10.05pm
Iím afraid I canít recommend Iain Parker to anyone on the basis of his work for us.

Various things went wrong and all his bookcases sloped and buckled. I bought 40mm stripwood for the front of the shelves to try to disguise the slope Ė some of them were out by 22mm on a 2 metre run..

To be honest, I thought his work was a bit of a bodge. Iím still pretty upset about it and it cost us a lot of money too. See the various postings on the carpenter discussion.
Tuesday 29 November 2011 10.34am
Again, I *can* recommend Iain Parker. I cannot believe MichaelM is talking baout the same person to be honest!
Wednesday 30 November 2011 10.46am
Hi Gary,

Can I recommend Daniel Tomlinson for your work.

http://www.danieltomlinson.co.uk/

http://dancabinetmaker.wordpress.com/

As you can see from his site his work is outstanding. He prices competitively for the qualitiy he brings and he's (importantly) pleasant to have around the place. His workshop is in Wales but I know he works regularly in London.

I will declare an interest, in so much as Dan is a good friend of mine. (I am not Dan, he is not me.) Nevertheless I wouldn't go to the trouble of recommending him if he was a duffer.

I hope he might be able to help you out.
Wednesday 30 November 2011 11.26am
I've not used them myself, but heard good things about Alcove Queens who are based near Deptford. There are lots of photos of previous work on the website.
Wednesday 30 November 2011 6.07pm
Well, I'm afraid it is the same Iain Parker, LDNGal. I agree it is odd - he has some good recommendations on this website which is why I chose him. But two of us have separately posted how we have had very poor work from him - just very rushed and a really bad finish. The details are in the carpentry discussion. The bookcases were especially dreadful. I wish that it wasn't true but I'm afraid it is. Sorry!
Wednesday 30 November 2011 6.34pm
Well, I'm afraid it is the same Iain Parker, LDNGal. I agree it is odd - he has some good recommendations on this website which is why I chose him. But two of us have separately posted how we have had very poor work from him - just very rushed and a really bad finish. The details are in the carpentry discussion. The bookcases were especially dreadful. I wish that it wasn't true but I'm afraid it is. Sorry!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: