Regeneration

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 3 April 2002 11.21am
I have just seen the proposed development plans and timescales for SE1 and I'm happy to say that a finish date of 2013 is on the cards, add another 3 - 4 for normality. So, in 15 yrs time I will be at last be able to live in a nice area of London, whoopee, I'll be 43 then and no offence, at that age I'd rather live in Spain.

One more thing, are there any swimming pools in SE1 at all ?
Joanna
Wednesday 3 April 2002 3.26pm
I don't think there are any public ones, but there is one at the gym under London Bridge station - Top Notch I think it is. There's a page on this website with details of leisure facilities in the area - I'm sure the marvellous James can point you in the right direction.
Sunday 7 April 2002 4.54pm
Try <a href="http://www.london-se1.co.uk/health/clubs.html">www.london-se1.co.uk/health/clubs.html</a>
Monday 8 April 2002 2.23pm
I was looking for swimming pools last week. There's the Seven Islands Leisure Centre in Surrey Quays, but the pool is currently being refurbished and is due to reopen in May. After that there's Wavelengths in Deptford which is fine or Greenwich baths.
jan
Monday 8 April 2002 2.33pm
camberwell baths, and Mary Datchelor also at camberwell, they used to have women and children only nights there, but the heat in mary Datchelor was incredible....
Saturday 13 April 2002 7.35am
And the Queen Mum in Victoria. Plus Dolphin Sq in Pimlico has a pool, squash courts etc that you just pay for entry. (Very thirties - and posh.) Peckham Pulse; Brixton Rec; Battersea Latchmere.
Plus a real behind the scenes row seems to be going on about whether a new government funded pool and leisure centre should be in Doon St (behind LWT) or at the Elephant. I suspect we may be waiting a long time.
Wednesday 17 April 2002 10.15pm
Tried to get in touch off-forum, but no luck -

What plans for SE1 did you see?

Thanks

Catriona

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: