Tate modern extension.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 24 August 2010 10.45pm
It's an incredible shame that before the Tate modern has even started building its extension that really will be an unusual building built of brick, and a high profile new venue that will be getting a lot of publicity when it opens, those overbearing flats behind are going to steel its place on the skyline behind the Tate modern,
Lets hope the Tate modern extension is big enough to hide or over shadow them , but I doubt it.
TAK
Tuesday 24 August 2010 11.42pm
Tate Modern extension is not a small building at all.
In fact I think all floors must be double or near double height as the 10 stories come up as 65meters in height.

In comparison, Neo Bankside:
'Building C' 24 stories, 83meters
'Building B' 18 stories, 64meters
'Building A' 12 stories, 45meters

All height info derived from Emporis
Wednesday 25 August 2010 9.29am
Mickysalt - just face the other way. As a wise man once said when it suited him;

'London has many sky lines, not just the one you keep talking about.'

mickysalt Sunday 10 May 2009 11.25pm
Wednesday 25 August 2010 5.18pm
turtmcfly wrote:
Mickysalt - just face the other way. As a wise man once said when it suited him;

'London has many sky lines, not just the one you keep talking about.'

mickysalt Sunday 10 May 2009 11.25pm
People will be wanting to look at the Tate modern and its extension,

Those flats are a serious over development,
At least they are not where the paper warehouse used to be,
Wednesday 25 August 2010 7.12pm
Ummm, what's stopping people looking at the Tate modern?

Do these new flats have a magical cloaking device that will make the Tate Modern disappear or render people blind when they look in the direction of the Tate or am I missing something ?!!?
Thursday 26 August 2010 9.56am
Ironically I hate the plans for the extension. Could these flats possibly obscure my view of that?
Thursday 26 August 2010 5.34pm
It seems to me that the 'reason' for the Tate extension is to be bigger than the neighbours. Its like a metro version of keeping up with the Joneses.

I have been a member since the start - but I have to say that they do not need more space. Editing the collection down would make more sense.

All is vanity !

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: