Area in London

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 28 August 2010 9.33am
I should not ask in this forum about another area in London, but I do not know whom to ask.
A friend of mine is coming over for one year and got a studentaccommodation in Tottenham Hale. Does someone know if this is a good area?
Saturday 28 August 2010 9.56am
I have not lived there - but I like to use the UpMyStreet website to get information on other areas.

Click this link to get information on N17. Navigate around using the tabs at the top of the page ("FindMyNearest", etc.)
Saturday 28 August 2010 1.36pm
It is a quite cosmopolitan area Sidi, and I would say that it is a reasonably safe place to live.
One of my sons lived very close to there for a couple of years and he enthused about the amount of restaurants in the area of varying ethnicity that he patronised.
But as soon as his little boy was old enough to go to school he could not get out of there fast enough, make of that what you will.
As a taxi driver, my yardstick for believing if an area is okay or not okay is, would I drive through there with the for hire sign illuminated?
There are a handful of areas in London where I extinguish the sign, day or night, but in South Tottenham I leave it on.
Wednesday 1 September 2010 5.13pm
I would like to thank both of you for the information
Friday 3 September 2010 10.17am
Out of interest, Tom, if you don't mind, in which areas would you extinguish the light?

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 4 September 2010 12.04am
Ivanhoe wrote:
Out of interest, Tom, if you don't mind, in which areas would you extinguish the light?

Harlesden, Clapton, Lewisham, Edmonton, North Tottenham, Brixton, Peckham, parts of Kilburn, parts of Willesden, most of Hackney.
Saturday 4 September 2010 9.27am
Thanks, Tom

...if you press it, they will come.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: