30th Birthday Party Venue ideas...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 30 August 2010 7.50am
Hi there!
I have recently moved to the area and I'm looking for a venue to hold my boyfriend's 30th birthday party. Ideally it would be somewhere in London bridge/borough/bankside/Waterloo area, that could hold around 50 people and be open until at least 2am.We would need use of a decent sound system (could probably bring our own decks) and for the most part we'd play fairly commercial music....although venue owners may have to put up with bit of DnB and dubstep for latter part of the eve!!

If anyone knows of anywhere, it'd be great if you could offer suggestions!
Many thanks in advance!
Monday 30 August 2010 8.36am
We used Borough Bar in London Bridge St. for a joint birthday bash for my wife and her mother last June. They have various menus, platter dishes, sandwiches etc.
Everyone enjoyed it, they supplied a d.j., which we paid for separately, I put X amount behind the bar and when that ran out, (quite late), people bought their own.
If I remember correctly, I said let me know when the tab comes to 1800 or whatever, I'll settle that then let them start paying for their own.
Very few people had to buy a round as the money lasted quite well.
Enjoy your day, wherever you spend it.
Monday 30 August 2010 1.54pm
My friend had her engagement party at Imbibe on Blackfriars Road. She hired the venue not sure how much she paid though.
Tuesday 31 August 2010 12.56pm
The new opening The Draft House look to have some event space - http://www.drafthouse.co.uk/drafthouse/battersea-party-rooms.asp

As they are new, maybe you'd be able to negotiate a good deal.
Tuesday 31 August 2010 1.15pm
Ah! There are some great ideas here, thank you so much to everyone that offered suggestions! They all look great!
Tuesday 31 August 2010 1.19pm
The Woolpack has a great upstairs room that they hire out ...no charge so long as a minimum bar take is made... and they do very good canapes,not expensive either
Tuesday 31 August 2010 1.23pm
Hi Lucy,

I've not had an event there, but I know the Southwark Rooms on the cnr of Southwark Bridge Road and Sotuhwark street is well set up for private parties - the room down stairs is really good.
Tuesday 31 August 2010 2.15pm
I second the recommendation for Southwark Rooms. The downstairs bar is very cool. I went to a private party where there were easily 50 people easily accomodated.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: