Thursday 2 September 2010 5.01pm
Dear fellow Residents of Berwick Court,
The British School of Osteopathy (275 Borough High Street
) has applied for an extension of the terms of their current club license. Their proposal includes:
• Films - Fridays 17.30 - 23.00 ad hoc films for occasional viewing on Fridays during university term times
• Live music - Fridays 17.30 - 23.00 occasional bands on Fridays (max. 2x per 12 wk term) for university term time only
• Recorded music - Fridays 17.30 - 23.00 music will be on an occasional basis only once a month Friday only
• Anything similar (karaoke, bingo, quiz) - Fridays 17.30 - 23.00 occasional events only during university term
As many of you know, we the residents of Berwick Court have long been plagued by the noise arising from past events at the BSO. Numerous talks and attempts at involving the Student Union in finding a sensible solution have resulted only in empty promises and utter disregard for the well-being of fellow residents and their right to peace in their own homes.
If you object to these events taking place PLEASE ACT NOW!
Here is what to do:
Send your objections/comments to:
Please also copy Kristie.Ashenden@southwark.gov.uk
Please quote license number 832706
Please note comments/objections to licensing applications have to address at least 1 of 4 licensing objectives:
• The prevention of crime and disorder (we've had disorder aplenty already)
• Ensuring public safety (fire door being obstructed during their events)
• The prevention of nuisance (yes please)
• The protection of children from harm (if you are the parent of small children who are kept awake by the noise on a regular basis, please act now)
Comments need to be sent by Monday 6th September 2010 latest. Please don't delay!
N.B.There is another petition going on separately to complain against the breach of terms of their current license, details of which will be posted in Berwick Court Google Groups