Do you need help with your garden?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 5 September 2010 9.40pm
I would really like to get an allotment, but the waiting lists are really long. So I'm a bit stuck.

However, it occured to me that there are probably lots of small gardens in the area which are currently going to waste for one reason or another. For example, when the owner has found it harder and harder to keep up their garden as they have got older.

I would like to explore the possibility of taking on the care of someone's garden, in place of actually having an allotment myself.

We could arrange it to suit us. I'd definitely want to grow some vegetables, but have lots of flexibility around that.

If this sounds interesting to you, or you know anyone for whom it might be interesting, please get in touch.

I'm a young professional living near the Elephant and Castle roundabout.
Monday 6 September 2010 8.33am
We really need someone like you -we are a sheltered accomadation in waterloo. one of our volunteers started a veg garden but then had to move out of London and nobody really Knows how to grow vegs you can have half of what you produce and 5 per day to cover expenceses, we are flexable and we will soon be planing for next year.
Tuesday 7 September 2010 10.33am
If the deal with pmg doesn't work out, have you tried looking on the Landshare website? Might be useful...

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 7 September 2010 2.38pm
Hi Lizbates,

Bankside Open Spaces Trust is running the Great Big Food Growing Project on housing estates across Bankside, you would be very welcome to join one of our communal gardening groups, like that at Brookwood Triangle on Thursday mornings. We also have some weekend gardening days and one off events. Even if you do not want to join one of the existing groups, or if you join the pmg, please do get in touch to stay informed and networked.

Please get in touch via

Best wishes

Wednesday 8 September 2010 9.59pm
hi liz,
there is an estate off waterloo raod, quentin house, which has some gardens that residents don't use. The gardens are on baron's place. you could email their tra. they've a website - they might help put you in touch with residents, see if they'd be keen. the gardens are out on the street and it'dbe lovely for the area if they were maintained.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: