CIA driving school

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 7 September 2010 4.19pm
Has anyone here booked driving lessons with CIA driving school. My nephew paid in advance for lessons and now can't get hold of them. Their contact number is not working and their website has been suspended. Tried everywhere to get imformation about them including trading standards office and Company House but to no avail. Anyone else having similar problems?
Wednesday 8 September 2010 12.55pm
CIA Driving is a franchise operation. Although most list the national 0800 number, One old branch number still seems to work:

CIA Driving Tuition
Tel: 01403 264097
7 Hurst Avenue Horsham, West Sussex RH12 2EL

The answerphone refers to a different driving school and gives a mobile number. Perhaps they used to be a franchisee and have information.
Thursday 9 September 2010 12.11pm
Do not know if this is of any help, an online search shows that CIA Driver Training Limited is ultimately owned by the following company;

SOUTHERN HOLDINGS LIMITED
49 PARK LANE
FAREHAM
HAMPSHIRE
PO16 7LE
Company No. 02985479

Regretfully seems no telephone number is listed with BT.
Saturday 2 October 2010 11.09am
We are having the same problem.

My boyfriend has a voucher but can't get in touch with them to book lessons.

I have heard that there was a fire at the premisses in March and that they are still an active company but have tried to write them (at three different address that I found on-line) but we have not had a response.

Have you had any luck with the details on these other posts?
Saturday 2 October 2010 2.41pm
No success as yet but gonna keep trying.
Last time i spoke to companies house they said CIA's accounts were overdue and were still listed as trading but they are gonna chase them up. I will call them again next week and let you know what they say.
Sunday 3 October 2010 8.05am
OK, I have connections at the Council so I will try and find out some more information from the Business Rates Department, but they were behind with their rates too when I checked a few weeks ago so its not looking good.

Will be in touch.
Sunday 3 October 2010 12.25pm
Found this yesterday. History of the company.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/75c5b25101c98e482b6b7608221ce674/wcprodorder?ft=1

Cut and paste it into your address bar
Will call companies house again tomorrow for more info.
Where are you based AstraC?
I called Fareham council recently for more info but they said they could not say anything due to data protection act.
Monday 4 October 2010 5.02pm
I am out in Wickham.

I have found out that there was a fire at the premisses in March and they are apparently refurbishing with the view to start trading again from Standard Way. They are a limited company so I am not sure how Data Protection works. Let me know how you get on tomorrow.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: