In praise of the Thames Festival

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 13 September 2010 1.13pm
Did anyone see the amazing fireworks and night carnival last night? It was fantastic and made me very proud to be a londoner.

Related news & features

Monday 13 September 2010 1.23pm
I saw the fireworks. Very impressive. Strangely fun to get covered in ash too!
Monday 13 September 2010 3.24pm
I enjoyed the festival- my only gripe was why were the fireworks on so late? my son was really looking forward to them but on checking the programme they were not on till 1/4 to 10 far too late on a school night.
Monday 13 September 2010 3.27pm
Loved it - the parade was really good especially given that I had a brilliant spot to watch it!
Monday 13 September 2010 8.33pm
All fantastic, particularly Saturday's Feast on the Bridge and the toasting/hats. The weather was such a bonus. Agree that the fireworks could be earlier though as we also had some disappointed children to contend with!
Monday 13 September 2010 11.29pm
If the fireworks had been any earlier, they would have drowned out the musicians playing on the stages.
Tuesday 14 September 2010 9.01am
could have stopped them for the fireworks
Tuesday 14 September 2010 10.23am
I e mailed the organisers to ask why so late and it is health and safety-they cannot let the fireworks off whilst the procession is underway and this cannot start till 7-15 when the sun is going down hence why so late-maybe they could do it on Saturday night instead?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: