Bermondsey St Festival Sat 18 Sep 2010

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 13 September 2010 2.26pm
I am helping out with the festival this year and just wanted to let all SE1'ers know that it is taking place this coming Saturday. For more details, check out the festival's website
http://www.bermondseystreetfestival.org.uk/information.htm

It was a great day last year so come on down & join the party!

Related news & features

Related events

Tuesday 14 September 2010 7.40am
I so love a dog show,and will try to get there, showing my ignorance here, whats a sensical dance or is that the name of the artistes/group etc? and it's been many years since I have seen a maypole dance and 56 since I participated!
Tuesday 14 September 2010 9.21am
I thought last year's festival was amazing - I wonder when there had last been so many people in Bermondsey Street? I've just tried to think what my favourite event was but without success as I just enjoyed the entire day so much. Hope this year's is even better!
Thursday 16 September 2010 12.52pm
At 2pm onwards in the Beer Tent there will be numerous people wielding ukeleles making lots of tuneful noise.

This is a must for:

- People who play the ukelele
- people who have a ukelele but don't normally play
- people who enjoy listening to music being played
- people who like a jolly good singalong
- people who enjoy something different that is fun

So if you fit into any of the above groups (and preferably more than one) do come along on Saturday 18th September to the beer tent in Tanner Street Park.

There will be a few extra copies of music/words available.
Friday 17 September 2010 12.45pm
I help out with organising the festival. Sensical is a contemporary dance piece that is taking place in the park @5pm (If anyone passed by Tanner St Park last night they may have seen the girls doing their penultimate rehearsal).

This year there's also a second music stage on the street with local and new performers / bands from 1pm.

In the evening after the outdoor screening of 'The Wizard of Oz' Shortwave is hosting London Folk, with singing and storytelling 'til the later hours.
Friday 17 September 2010 12.45pm
I can think of at least one SE1'er who has a ukelele and is fond of beer ... :-)
Friday 17 September 2010 4.13pm
Speaking of ukeleles - I have only recently started learning, and would have loved to come along if I was in town - does anyone know of any regular uke groups in the area? (Sorry to hijack the thread!) Thanks! K ps. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow
Friday 17 September 2010 6.19pm
Presuming you are thinking of me, Juanita, I'm intending to be there strumming my shiny instrument.
Saturday 18 September 2010 9.00am
Will things still be lively later in the day? Like 4.30? I mean stalls and stuff before the Bermondsey Square evening part.
Saturday 18 September 2010 9.15am
Come on RP, this is a family show!!!

hope to see you there, gonna finish work here about 1ish and hopefully make my way over for a bit of Uke a mania. and of course a beer or 2

cheers

BP
( not the oil company)
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: