Emergency last night?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 7 April 2004 9.58am
okokok, so I'm not completely used to the proliferation of London emergency services' sirens at all hours,

did anyone else get disturbed from their slumbers around 12-30 last night by lots [and I do mean lots] of sirens last night ??

Sounded serious, but nowt in the paper this morning.
Wednesday 7 April 2004 11.09am
No. But the A2 northbound, south of the Bricklayers Arms, was blocked last night, with buses going up Grange Road. This was still the case this morning - anybody know why?
Wednesday 7 April 2004 11.16am
Old Kent Road is closed northbound between Dunton Road and East Street for Transco gas main repairs - could take over a week.
Wednesday 7 April 2004 12.14pm
Had to walk past it this morning, and it didn't look good.

shall have to leave about an hour earlier to walk to Elephant to avoid the chaos!

Maybe Transco will refund some of by bus pass because they're forcing me to walk instead of take the bus? ;-)

(probably not though - as the buses are still runing)
Wednesday 7 April 2004 12.32pm
News story now online: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/924

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 7 April 2004 12.59pm
I wasn't slumbering last night, I was walking back from the Bankside restaurant around 12.15 when several police cars zoomed over Southwark Bridge towards the City. Not sure what was happenning, perhaps neither were they because soon after, some of them zoomed back again, sirens still full on. When combined with the extremely noisy night-time road resurfacing works on Southwark Street it was difficult to talk to the person next to you. How are people supposed to sleep?
Wednesday 7 April 2004 1.27pm
Well, I guess they go back to the country.......
Wednesday 7 April 2004 1.33pm
Works for me.
Thursday 8 April 2004 12.36pm
I'm impressed with Transco!

it's not often I say that, but some poeple were saying that the OK road would be closed for up to three weeks, and yet in less than 48 hours it's open again!

Well done them!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: