I'm Looking for someone, help please?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 17 September 2010 2.29am
Hello,
Does anyone know someone named Paul Temperton?
I'm sure his middle name is anthony.
He worked in the army as a grenedier guard around 1992 time. Until when i'm not sure, he may still be in for all i know.
He is between the ages 38-42, and thats all i really know about him.
He is my father and my mother and him never spoke after i was born. My mothers name is Lorraine Johnstone.
Anyway i have been searching for him for years and haven't been succesfull if anyone could point me in the correct direction or have him contact me i would be very grateful.

my email is: ashleigh_feeley@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you very much

AshleighJohnstone
ADT
Friday 17 September 2010 12.06pm
If he was or is in the army then have you tried contacting the army/MoD? I am sure they are quite used to dealing with queries about finding people - old squad mates etc. Or try websites like http://www.forcesreunited.org.uk/
Friday 17 September 2010 12.16pm
I've been told that the salvation army could be a good place to start..good luck

http://www2.salvationarmy.org.uk/en/Departments/FamilyTracing/Home.htm
Saturday 18 September 2010 8.37am
The armed forces keep extensive records of current and former employees, so I would have thought it would be quite quick to track him down. I don't of course know your circumstances but as an adopted child who recently had contact with a member of my family, I'd warn of expecting too much from any meeting in the first instance. It can bring up very uncomfortable emotions for all concerned and you have to consider that though he presumably is well aware of you, has made no effort to contact on his own accord. There may of course be completely legitimate reasons for this, but you need to consider it. Families and relationships are complex issues for which many are ill prepared at a young age and sadly many mistakes are made as a result. Good luck in your search but keep an open mind.
Sunday 19 September 2010 7.59pm
Dear Ashleigh

No easy way to do this however please sit down before opening the below link...

http://grengds.com/static.php?content_id=85&&obituary_id=8539&tribute_id=31&start=4000

There are 3,485 men and women in the Grenadier Guards so odds are even to my mind.

If this is your father please accept our deepest condolences.

The Regimental Adjutant is Major Grant Baker who can be contacted on 020 7414 3280 or regtladjt@grengds.com.

Best wishes
JTE
Wednesday 22 September 2010 2.12am
thanks for all the help but i'm still not sure, ive emailed the regimental adjutant so heres hoping he replies. i cant express my thanks enough!
Thursday 23 September 2010 3.45pm
There's a soldier called Sgt Paul Mitchell who made a comment on the hero page who you could talk too?

The Major will reply.....its his job.

You may be the next of kin with an estate to settle.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: