Moving Boxes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 17 September 2010 12.50pm
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum to ask this, so I apologize if it should be categorized elsewhere, but I am moving next middle of next week, and was wondering if anyone close by has spare moving boxes or storage boxes that they are about to throw away or recycle that I can use/borrow?

I am at Butler's Wharf (residence hall) near Tower Bridge.

Otherwise, do you know where I can get cheap moving boxes? I went to a storage place and boxes were 3-4 pounds per box. (I am from the US where I have never had to pay for moving boxes, so this seems kindof high to me!)

Thanks in advance!
Friday 17 September 2010 1.26pm
http://www.ilovefreegle.org/

They come up on Freegle and Freecycle a lot. I'll keep an I out.
Friday 17 September 2010 1.51pm
If it's a fairly small-scale move and very heavy-duty boxes aren't necessary, ask in your local supermarket / convenience store / newsagents etc if they have any empty boxes. Their supplies of canned goods, crisps, bottles and other foodstuffs are normally delivered in cardboard boxes, which are fairly robust. I always do this when I'm decorating and need to pack books and things away temporarily. The shops are usually happy to help out, otherwise they have to crush the boxes and pay for removal, so you're doing them a favour in a way!
Saturday 18 September 2010 1.01am
Thank you both for really good suggestions! I just joined freegle and will check out boxes tomorrow at Saintsburys.
Saturday 18 September 2010 2.24pm
Hello. If you're still looking, we've got some.
I've sent you a private message with more details.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network