Streetcar - Computer says NO!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 21 September 2010 9.32pm
Tried to sign up to streetcar/van, to hire the van for a small removal job, registered online, got a call back from the company, only to say I'd been declined, when asked for what reason ''computer says no''

I have held clean licence for over 6 years, lived at the same address in SE1 for over 32 years...

Has anyone else experienced this, when i requested for the reason, Streetcar was unable to tell me why.

Its frustrating, as i now wish to give up my car and would like access to a vehicle from time to time but unable to join, is there any other companies in SE1 who run car clubs?
Wednesday 22 September 2010 7.08am
How odd. I joined on Saturday (I rang and did it over the phone). I have two dds on there (both old -8/9 years old) and they let me join! The guy had to check as he thought I wouldn't qualify but he said anything over 5+ years is okay. I'd give them a call back...
Wednesday 22 September 2010 8.01am
try Zipcar... they are attempting to buy out Streetcar anyway!! you can always pop into their office on Borough High Street to enrol so if there are any issues with your license, this can be resolved with a human.
Wednesday 22 September 2010 10.13am
Alang, they already have bought out Streetcar.
Wednesday 22 September 2010 1.35pm
The merger has been referred to the Office of Fair Trading, and I believe their decision is due early 2011.
Thursday 23 September 2010 12.20pm
According to the letter i received it had "Streetcar: A Zip Car company"...
Thursday 23 September 2010 7.47pm
They have been taken over, it's just that there may be conditions on how they now operate.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: