Walworth Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 26 September 2010 9.09pm
i have been offered a job running a bookmakers in walworth road and was wondering what the area is like
Sunday 26 September 2010 9.46pm
It's full of bookies...and also a great area.
Wednesday 29 September 2010 6.33pm
Walworth Rd is on lots of bus routes, (depending on which end of the road) is not far from E&C tube (northern or bakerloo line) and there's also an overland train station near the Elephant & Castle roundabout.
Good selection of independent shops + a few chains (Boots, M&S, Morrisons, Holland & Barrett, Mark One, Peacocks). Lively market at East St several days a week. Good selection of fast food & eat-in restaurants and plenty of pubs.
For info on local housing etc I'd prob look at some of the many websites that give approx rent & purchase prices.
I've lived nearby for about 11 years and am happy with the location - close to everything. And an excellent Chinese restaurant: Dragon Castle.
Wednesday 29 September 2010 7.46pm
Walworth Rd is on lots of bus routes, (depending on which end of the road) is not far from E&C tube (northern or bakerloo line) and there's also an overland train station near the Elephant & Castle roundabout.
Good selection of independent shops + a few chains (Boots, M&S, Morrisons, Holland & Barrett, Mark One, Peacocks). Lively market at East St several days a week. Good selection of fast food & eat-in restaurants and plenty of pubs.
For info on local housing etc I'd prob look at some of the many websites that give approx rent & purchase prices.
I've lived nearby for about 11 years and am happy with the location - close to everything. And an excellent Chinese restaurant: Dragon Castle.
Wednesday 29 September 2010 7.59pm
thankyou very much for the feedback

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: