Peter Tatchell to get blue plaque!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 27 September 2010 5.05pm
Blimey! I'm speechless. Read Here Just checked the calendar to see if it's the 1st of April.

Related news & features

Monday 27 September 2010 5.14pm
Well deserved. He's a brave man who has fought for human rights for years and years.
Monday 27 September 2010 5.15pm
Is he dead? He looked alive and kicking a fortnight ago when the Pope was in town.
Monday 27 September 2010 5.49pm
hardly a national treasure is he?
Monday 27 September 2010 6.04pm
Southwarkj wrote:
Well deserved. He's a brave man who has fought for human rights for years and years.

Absolutely!
Monday 27 September 2010 6.17pm
Oops! Should have done a search for this subject and added to it instead of starting a new one.
Some interesting info HERE about the awarding of Blue Plaques
Zoe
Monday 27 September 2010 6.25pm
I find him a bit annoying but I think he should get a blue plaque, he's a national figure and should be recognised for everything he's done, the good and the bad!

I didn't know he was from the Rockingham, he's done well for an SE1 boy.
Tuesday 28 September 2010 12.33pm
Love or loathe he has worked hard for human rights as has been pointed out-far more deserving he gets a blue plaque than some of the honours that seem to go to people who just donate money to the political parties
Tuesday 28 September 2010 1.05pm
A well deserved award for someone who has tirelessly fought for human rights. It's easy to loathe him, but who would have had the guts to try and arrest this Mugabe monster apart from him? Well done!!
Tuesday 28 September 2010 1.55pm
He is very brave - and not just with high profile stuff like attempting to arrest Mugabe. Whether you think it is a good idea or not, protesting about hateful lyrics outside a Buju Banton gig in the Coronet takes a bit of courage.

You dont have to agree with everything (or even anything) he says to see the point of recognising his efforts.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: