Walworth Community Council Meeting

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
TAK
Monday 4 October 2010 4.33pm
There is a meeting on Wednesday and I was told some time ago the Elephant Leisure Centre proposal would com up in this one.
However, looking at agenda I can't see anything.

Meeting Agenda 6th October 2010

Has anyone ever been to one of these and what precisely happens?
Is there much point in me going as a resident or would it be a complete waste of my time?

Thanks for any tips and tricks!
Monday 4 October 2010 6.01pm
I think that there will be more on the E&C in the November WCC meeting, but Jon Abbott of E&C has a short slot at 2005 (see briefing note here)

As a local resident, I have found these meetings are worth attending, not least because all local councillors (in this case, Newington, E Walworth and Faraday wards) attend. I have found that this can help communication between us as residents and councillors (and thus the council).

You can ask qustions unrelated to the agenda too, although I am not sure if this has to be done in writing first. But each presentation usually has time for some questions, tho at the discretion of the chair.
Tuesday 5 October 2010 11.44am
I'm hoping to go along if I can escape work in time.
TAK
Tuesday 5 October 2010 11.35pm
jamesup wrote:
I'm hoping to go along if I can escape work in time.

Apparently the first thing is about youth engagement and the 'main business' should start around 7pm.
TAK
Tuesday 5 October 2010 11.55pm
Actually, agenda says at 18:35:

You say we listen - sessions on Elephnat and Castle, East Street Consultation and Employment Opportunities.
Thursday 7 October 2010 12.26pm
I've moved some posts from this thread about the detail of the leisure centre proposals into the other ongoing thread on the same topic.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: