More (restaurant) Tooley Street - what's happening?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 6 October 2010 3.14pm
Tried to book a table here in August - phone calls and e-mails went unanswered, so we walked up to the restaurant and found a note on the door saying it was closed for the whole month for staff holidays. Went past the restaurant today and there's a new note on the door saying it's closed until further notice. Does anyone know what's going on? Apologies if I've missed a discussion about this already.
Friday 8 October 2010 11.26am
I spotted that a couple of weeks ago..Looked Like the Marie Celeste when I peered in.Also looks like "Best Italian" on Park Street has gone.
Sunday 10 October 2010 11.45am
No idea, its a real shame, GREAT food and friendly staff/owner.
Illness, an accident?
Monday 11 October 2010 6.37am
Sadly it will not re-open, at least not in the current form. It didn't quite work, apparently generating insufficient custom, despite the location .... perhaps a victim of the recession?
Monday 11 October 2010 8.23am
lovely food but too expensive.
Monday 11 October 2010 9.07am
Yes, indeed, I had visited and it was outstanding but, I recall talking to the waiter at the time, who expressed, it could be busier so indeed, feel this is another business hit by the economic climate.
Thursday 2 December 2010 11.40am
It's going to be a Vietnamese restaurant:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/info/422/velo

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 2 December 2010 12.25pm
Fantastic! Looking forward to giving it a try.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 2 December 2010 1.19pm
More did have nice food, but it was definitely too expensive - once on the chalkboard outside I'm sure I saw 'peanut butter on toast' for some ridiculous price..

sorry to see it go but good luck to the new people

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: