Southwark Council Protester

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 8 October 2010 11.00am
Does anyone know what the man with the megaphone outside 160 Tooley Street is about? He's just started up again shouting at Council and was there yesterday when he started at 0850. I think he's entering his second month of formenting something. I paused once to hear murmers about 'child abuse'.

They don't seem to move him on and I'm not going to give them cause by calling the noise team. Anyone shouting at Southwark is fine by me ... just interested, y'know.
Friday 8 October 2010 11.22am
Could it be the same man who used to regularly stand outside the Town Hall in Peckham and protest via a megaphone? I was never sure what it was he was angry about.
Friday 8 October 2010 11.37am
You could always ask him...
Friday 8 October 2010 12.06pm
don't live that dangerously ...
Friday 8 October 2010 1.31pm
kellandj - maybe you could provide him with a script to make sure your grievances with Southwark are heard too?
Friday 8 October 2010 2.47pm
He was there last week too. I saw two police officers speaking to him but I assume they were unable to move him on; it didn't seem like he was causing any harm and so I think it is right that he gets to have his protest!
Saturday 9 October 2010 6.01am
ssimps01 wrote:
kellandj - maybe you could provide him with a script to make sure your grievances with Southwark are heard too?

now you're being silly ...
Tuesday 19 October 2010 11.44am
I've absolutely no problem with the protestor (see my comments above)but, despite being there most days (and me being able to hear in isolation things he says), I have no idea what he is there for. I hear him say 'child abuse' and 'worst local authority' but what is his the cause of his protest.

If you're reading this, could you make your 'blasts on the megaphone' in a sequence so those of us who only walk past briefly know what you're protesting about.
Saturday 23 October 2010 12.24pm
I am told from a source inside 160, that this is a protest over his children taken into care perhaps up to 20 years ago ...
Saturday 23 October 2010 2.54pm
I'd have to ask him....
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: