New Banksy - The Grange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Monday 11 October 2010 8.21am
has anyone seen the new banksy at the corner of The grange opp the Alaska Building? I cycled past it saturday and there were a few people milling about taking photos.

Its a hoodie guy with a Keith Haring yapping dog on a lease.

Then I cycled past this morning and southwark council had put up a prosecution for graffiti sign (charming sense of priority when our street lamps havent worked for months) and a local had done a massive tag next to it.

Related news & features

Monday 11 October 2010 10.37am
Yes I saw this on Sat am too - looked great ! Assume it is a Banksy & not a copycat?
Monday 11 October 2010 10.48am
I've walked past this several times since first seeing it on Saturday and I'd guesss it's a copycat effort. The dog doesn't look like something Banksy would do - too quick and sharply defined. However, the chap looks more like something he would come up with so I would guess it is a copycat with his/(her?) own style as well. I'd have thought that Grange Road is an odd place for Banksy to be now too, given his fame.

Interesting addition to the immediate neightbourhood, nonetheless.
Monday 11 October 2010 10.53am
Pics?
Monday 11 October 2010 11.05am
Its on all the banksy forums as legit and he has done them in the area before. Its a keith haring dog...and purposely a nod to him.

http://unurth.com/filter/The-Grange
Monday 11 October 2010 11.47am
http://www.banksy.co.uk/outdoors/outuk/horizontal_1.htm

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 11 October 2010 7.05pm
It is just in front of the Amisha Court building, every morning I have to see that now, pretty ugly
Zoe
Monday 11 October 2010 9.21pm
I thought the dog was a passing reference to the vet over the road, where I'd been when I passed it on Sunday!

I liked it, but I'm a philistine so that's not saying much...
Monday 11 October 2010 11.35pm
I think it's great! I love Banksy.

However, I have noticed a spate of tagging next to it, which may well have been there before, but if more kids tag around it I reckon Southwark Council are likely to remove it... (BOOO!)
Tuesday 12 October 2010 12.12pm
Gone already! Boarded up by the building's owner.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: