Elephant Police Bus Jam

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 8 April 2004 11.53am
I know the topic name sounds like a bad tabloid headline, but wasn't quite sure how else to express it in a few words.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what was going on at Elephant and Castle last night around 6:15 -- I was going through on the bus towards the Walworth Road and the police appeared to be holding and surrounding a number of buses -- from my vantage point on the top of the 468, there were a couple of policemen standing around looking at a black plastic object in the road and talking away on radios.

Any clues?
Thursday 8 April 2004 12.07pm
I'd love to know the answer to this too... there were up to 4 buses involved, plus two police cars

ps hi rach!
Thursday 8 April 2004 1.31pm
hello!!

looks like this will remain a mystery...
MB
Thursday 8 April 2004 1.33pm
Perhaps it had something to do with the Millwall v Cardiff game last night?
Thursday 8 April 2004 3.22pm
Wot ?
Was it the ball in a bag ???
jac
Monday 12 April 2004 9.04pm
I think MB right, I saw four police vans, followed by 10 coaches, carrying cardiff supporters followed by a further 4 police vans going down tower bridge road that night. There were also police on bikes stopping the traffic at junctions to ease their way through
Jim
Wednesday 14 April 2004 11.15pm
Nothing to do with police or buses or jams or anything, but GOOse's question 'was it the ball in the bag' reminds me of a self-catering holiday in Ireland some years back. The renters kindly sent me a shopping list for me to complete: I couldn't resist ordering 'boil in the bog' rice. Most disappointed it was a misprint.
Jim.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: