Christmas lunch

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 15 October 2010 8.13pm
hiya all, i live in oval but never go out in the area,im originally from ireland and have family coming over to me for christmas dinner this year and am really stuck on where to take them for christmas lunch.. ideally i would like a pub with good food and a river view.. any ideas would be really helpfull. thanks
Friday 15 October 2010 9.08pm
Browns are doing an Xmas day lunch for (wait for it) 60 a head. I was in there the other day and they had the menu cards out. The usual of soup / turkey / xmas pud / cheese.

If you have 60 to spare - it's the place to go. Right on Tower Bridge.
Saturday 16 October 2010 7.24pm
Thanks somone else recommended browns, as my dad is a a real old paddy, i was thinking he may be more comfortable in a pub where he can have a few pints as well.. do you know of any good pubs???
Saturday 16 October 2010 10.30pm
its not a pub, but butlers wharf chop house are doing xmas lunch an you'll get better grub than at browns
Monday 18 October 2010 8.12am
try the Founders Arms bankside
Tuesday 19 October 2010 12.42pm
My friends love their food and not very impressed with Browns, can be a hit and miss.

Founders Arms are good. Have also been told Laughing Gravy is a good place to eat too.

Try Locale County Hall. I've been there for 2 Xmas and all my friends like it there. Prices are more reasonable.
PJK
Sunday 7 November 2010 9.07pm
What about the Royal Oak? Prolly just on the edge of your max distance but saw signs for Xmas dinner last year. Didn't go myself but their regular meals are yummy. Just an idea.
Monday 8 November 2010 8.35am
Me and my Mates are hooking up for a pre christmas lunch/dinner get together early december. Anyone have any recomendations in Se1 or close too it.
Monday 8 November 2010 3.52pm
the riverside
hamilton house
5 st georges wharf
sw8

tel 02077358129

xmas day is 39.95 per adult
24.95 per child

great river views
we went to a function here and it was pretty swish!
Monday 22 November 2010 3.57pm
This seems like a good deal:

The Tower Hotel

I wonder what the entertainment might be...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: