Wedding Dress Alteration

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 21 October 2010 1.00pm
Can anyone recommend a good place for wedding dress alterations? Or is there anywhere that I should avoid??

Thanks
Tuesday 26 October 2010 4.28pm
There's a place on London Bridge concourse past the buses & near where you turn for LB Approach walkway.
I get my trousers done there & there's often a lady in there getting a dress fixed.
Polish girls I think who've always done a bang up job in the past.
I don't know what it's called though.
They also take in dry cleaning & there may even have been a wedding dress on show(not sure about the last bit)
Wednesday 27 October 2010 8.06am
I would asked the price for the alterations first
before leaving as you could be in for a nasty shock when you go to pick it up
Wednesday 27 October 2010 9.28am
Hi, I always recommend this place at London Bridge - if you look at earlier posts. No connection other than they have done some amazing and tricky alterations for me over the years as well as the usual hems, zip replacements. In my opinion they charge a fair price for the work they do - and I know how tricky alterations are as I used to sew a lot before I lost patience in doing such fiddly stuff. They have a website that I've only just discovered - or phone them on 020 7 403 4488 http://www.nellysdesigns.co.uk/

Ask for the prices first and then no surprises.
Let us know how you get on.
Wednesday 27 October 2010 10.31am
Thanks for the replies everyone. I've seen mixed reviews for Nelly's but they seem to be the best option at the moment - I'll let you know how I get on...
Wednesday 27 October 2010 11.21am
bankside wrote:
I would asked the price for the alterations first
before leaving as you could be in for a nasty shock when you go to pick it up

Good idea because Nellys Designs charged me 50 to take up the hem and sleeves of a simple lightweight raincoat.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: