Stolen Brompton Bike From Bermondsey Square Wednesday 13 Oct About 6.50pm

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 22 October 2010 4.11pm
Hi, I am writing this post in the hopes that if someone approaches you to buy a orange-black Brompton bike (which looks like the one in the photo on this link: Stolen Brompton Bike), please note that it may be stolen property.

Here's the relevant info about my stolen bike:

Bike stolen on Wed Oct 13 from bike ramp in front of Sainsbury's Bermondsey Square (first ramp closest to entrance of Sainsbury's) at about 6:50pm

Brompton orange and black bike, model M3L, bike frame number: 1003140654

If you saw two suspicious people (one on a white bike) fiddling around with a lock on a bike around that time, please contact me or Jackie at the management office

The police have been informed and the case has been logged

Many thanks!

Woolfson & Tay
Books. Cafe. Gifts
39 Bear Lane, London SE1 0UH
Friday 22 October 2010 4.22pm
Hi - really sorry to hear the news, Fran. Have you tried the Hotel for their CCTV footage? It may be worth a visit.

Good luck.

Friday 22 October 2010 6.04pm
Hi Philip, thanks for the commiseration! Yes, the management office at the square have reviewed the CCTV and obvious 2 people involved. I was told, that's why I know there were 2 people, one on a bike, acting as lookout and also to obscure somewhat while his mate did the bolt cutting/fiddling with lock. Cheers, Fran
Saturday 23 October 2010 9.07am
Hi Fran,

I think I may have sent you a message on Facebook about this already but it's worth checking on the Gumtree site. A friend found his bike there and through some subterfuge and support of other cyclist friends managed to get it back undamaged. Best of luck,

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: