Shrinking local government

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 22 October 2010 9.31pm
Daily Mail wrote:
The London boroughs of Westminster, Hammersmith & Fulham and Kensington & Chelsea said all their services could be merged to generate savings of between 50million and 100million a year.
Every service from chief executive and senior directors to street cleaners and social workers could be shared, they said, in a joint statement.
Under the plans, each authority would keep its council leaders and local ward councillors.

Southwark et al?
Saturday 23 October 2010 6.44am
I would prefer to join Westminster or Wandsworth because they have the smallest council tax!
Saturday 23 October 2010 8.09am
its a good idea because there is far too much duplication in local govt, too many councilors and too many bureaucrats. however the thought of being annexed to the likes of lewisham or lambeth is scary
Saturday 23 October 2010 9.20am
Plans are already in the pipeline for Southwark...
Saturday 23 October 2010 10.14am
Oh Lord....please not Lambeth.......or Lewisham come to think of it....:-(
Saturday 23 October 2010 10.59am
well southwark has a cathedral which makes it a possible city. i like the sound of the cities of london and southwark. that one would work.
Saturday 23 October 2010 11.42am
'The Cities of London and Southwark' is brilliant! They complement each other like Manhattan and New Jersey.
Saturday 23 October 2010 1.13pm
now all we need is a campaign to build support for our idea...i know, lets set up a facebook group!
Saturday 23 October 2010 1.21pm
like Buda and Pest
Sunday 24 October 2010 2.27pm
It would be Lambeth. But what would the joint borough be called? Lambeth & Southwark? Or would a coin be tossed?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: