Book Sunday Lunch

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 28 October 2010 1.23pm
does anyone know of anywhere in Se1 where i can book a table for around 10 people for sunday Roast,
Thursday 28 October 2010 4.17pm
You haven't mentioned budget or type of venue but you could try Roast in Borough market (not actually been - but heard good reviews - expensive though). Trinity pub on Borough Hi St next to Borough tube is very nice (have been several times) and good prices. I'm sure a lot of the pubs will take bookings. Charles Dickens pub in Union Street also very good - they'll take bookings.
Thursday 28 October 2010 4.26pm
St Christophers Inn in London Bridge do a lovely "Roasty Roast" and i'm sure you could book tables in their back room.

If not, there's Roast (great quality, but a bit pricey) in Borough Market.

Keen to know if there are any other suggestions. I've always felt somewhere to have a relaxing roast was missing around here (probably showing my ignorance!).

Thursday 28 October 2010 4.36pm
The Royal Oak in Tabard Street seems to be the favoured place. See Royal Oak reviews

I have been once and was impressed with the menu but sadly, ended up ordering the wrong thing and it wasn't good at all (Sorry can't remember what it was. I have obviously blocked it from my mind but it wasn't one of the roasts) but everyone else chose well and was very happy.

It's a small pub though so 10 could be tricky.
Thursday 28 October 2010 5.06pm
The Leather Exchange (on Leather Market street) are now doing Sunday lunch, which actually _requires_ booking.

I've not yet been, but having eaten from their normal menu I assume it would be on the more expensive side of the pub food scale, but well worth it.
Thursday 28 October 2010 5.28pm
I think The Bunch of Grapes on St Thomas Street do a roast and will let you reserve tables in their upstairs room.
Friday 29 October 2010 10.28am
Thanks for replies i will go along tomorrow and have a look and book something,I wanted about 15 a head for food, and there are 2 small children in the group so not a rowdy pub,
Friday 29 October 2010 1.25pm
"there are 2 small children in the group so not a rowdy pub" - at least until the children arrive.

Having lit the blue touch paper, I'm retiring to a safe distance.
Friday 29 October 2010 4.21pm
best you go for a ramble phil
Friday 29 October 2010 5.45pm
Ignore the child-baiting. It's becoming quite popular now that they're cracking down a lot more on racism and sexism. As we all know, the only people who might possibly get rowdy in pubs are children.

In East SE1, for 15 a head, you can probably still do the deal at the Chop House bar. Drinks aren't cheap, but imho it's a nice way to have good food and service in a nice setting and not pay the earth.

Or, in West SE1 The Goldsmith does an excellent Sunday lunch, and keeps getting good reviews on here.

Not sure what either place does in the way of childrens' menus, if that's important. Good luck. Do tell us where you went and whether it was any good, if you don't mind.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: