Electrician

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 2 November 2010 9.17am
If you want a really good, reliable and v friendly electrician you need look no further than Angelo. Did the job he said he'd do, did some extra bits because there was time, and CLEARED UP after himself so well that even our office cleaning lady commented on how tidy he'd been. 07850 767 283 or angelo@glennies.net
Tuesday 2 November 2010 1.26pm
Email: Hidden
Date Registered: 2 November 2010 9.03am

Hmm
Tuesday 2 November 2010 1.54pm
James, I've no reason to doubt Simon and Angelo has received plenty of other recommendation on this forum, many from established long-term posters.

I'm all for healthy scepticism, but let's also make sure that new forum users are made to feel welcome and encouraged to contribute again.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 3 November 2010 10.52am
James Hatts wrote:
James, I've no reason to doubt Simon and Angelo has received plenty of other recommendation on this forum, many from established long-term posters.
I'm all for healthy scepticism, but let's also make sure that new forum users are made to feel welcome and encouraged to contribute again.

hear, hear - everyone needs a reason to first post!
Thursday 11 November 2010 9.55am
Angelo did some new wiring work for us at the CLPE in Webber Street, SE1. He fitted around us in terms of when we could accommodate him, was very helpful with a couple of other wiring issues we had and we would be happy to recommend him to others.
Thursday 11 November 2010 9.21pm
I will never for the life of me understand the love-in that Angelo receives on these forums!

I used him a couple of years ago on the basis of the recommendations here, as I needed an element changing on my immersion heater. We agreed on a time in the evening, and then he rang, as he was en route, to say that the traffic was bad and so he was turning back! He then rang the next day to arrange another time, which was good - but he rang at 6am! Tradesmen may get up that early but I'm guessing a lot of people do not!

When he came around, I agree he was very pleasant and sociable. I told him that I had found him via this website. He said that he had heard of it but had not been on it and asked me to show him! I find it hard to believe that he hadn't been on given the number of recommendations he has here and given that he uses email as a means of setting up appointments and giving quotations! I can't help but think I was just massaging his ego.

And when it came to the actual job, he simply went into 'ooh, it's going to cost you - this is a two man, two day job etc' mode. He quoted me almost 300 to change the element (excluding parts!) and then started finding other work that allegedly needed doing, such as fitting a light in the cupboard with the immersion heating which was apparently legislation as it was a service cupboard (first I've heard of this and not true!). He quoted me 92 for this!

In the end, he left without hardly doing anything and I paid 50 for the pleasure. I eventually contacted an engineer recommended on the website of the heater company, and he did the job within an hour, and for less than half the price of what Angelo quoted! Oh well, at least I got a magnet out of the whole experience...

I'm sure Angelo is a perfectly good electrician but the reviews on here do not seem to be that balanced and I actually just created an account here just to write this!
jw
Sunday 14 November 2010 4.38pm
Hi,

I just wanted to take the chance to recommend another electrician, Rory O'Donnell.

I found Rory through the SE1 forum and he did the refit of The Laughing Gravy restaurant's electrics for me and did a truly amazing job.

He is calm, efficient, reliable and happy to help with any job - big or small. (When I first contacted him it was about changing a dimmer switch for me at home!)

Really can't recommend him enough and thank you to the SE1 forum for putting me in touch the first time

He's on 07941 753860

Jon
Wednesday 24 November 2010 11.19pm
Just before the coldest week of the year, I realised the electric panel heater in my bedroom had stopped working.

Contacted Rory O'Donnell, who identified the problem and replaced the defective panel heater with a new one, all done professionally and really quickly.

Found his name/number, thanks to the SE1 forums, and I would recommend him too.

Jay
Tuesday 1 February 2011 10.49am
Angelo called me back straight away but then was TOTALLY unhelpful and hung up on me before I even managed to explain what I was looking for. Brilliant customer service haha!
Sunday 6 February 2011 5.48am
i rang Rory several times. He is supposed to come today. He said he will send me a text. Should I wait the whole day as I received nothing? Maybe changing a transformer is not worth enough money for him to waste his time?
Does anyone know a local electrician who does small jobs? I will contact Angelo despite the negative comments I read on this website (beggars cannot be choosers!)
Many thanks
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: