Playing bridge in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 11 November 2010 8.50am
Hello all - I was wondering if anyone would be interested in meeting to play bridge (the card game, rather than any strange bridge-hopping parkour) every so often in SE1?

No prior experience needed - I know the basics but am keen to improve my game and have fun. The only clubs in London seem to be in the North or West tho...

Anyway do let me know if you'd be interested - I am a 29 year-old dad-to-be living near Waterloo.

Will Kirby
Friday 12 November 2010 11.33am
Hi Will
My brother is a keen Bridge Player and I have no experience and we have been looking for a Bridge Club in SE1 and like you can't find one so we would be interested. I leave near Southwark Bridge.
Look forward to hearing from you
Wednesday 17 November 2010 2.22pm
Hi Will, hi Sam,

I try since ages to learn Bridge, so you might not be interested of me joining your group, but if you wouldn't mind showing me the ropes I'd love to join you. I also live close to Southwark Bridge.

Would be great to have some neighbours to play with and hope to hear from you.

Many regards, Julia
Wednesday 17 November 2010 3.22pm
Not a direct answer to your Q, but there is some bridge being played in SE1 (at a very low level). I meet up with 3 friends on an irregular basis to play poor bridge and have a few pints.

I've never got on with bridge clubs. IMHE, they take it very seriously and play without a drink and in total silence (neither of which sit well with me).

It looks like you've already got 3 players. Maybe this thread will bring a fourth. Good luck.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 19 November 2010 11.08am
Hi Will

You can count me in. I used to play socially once a fortnight a few years back at someones home, but at some point they moved away and it just folded.
Friday 19 November 2010 11.10am
Cool - thanks for getting in touch. Please email me at and we can figure something out.

Friday 19 November 2010 12.17pm
I tried to set something bridge/SE1 up a while ago, and discovered that Ivanhoe plays - I was a newbie then so it must have been 7 years ago.

I've now moved out of the immediate area, but given the right location, and time, I might be interested in this.

good luck with it.

Sunday 21 November 2010 11.49am
I don't play bridge, but my husband does. We also live near Southwark Bridge, but we don't know anyone because we haven't been here long. I'm sure my husband would enjoy playing again, but it would have to be after Christmas, because he is quite swamped at work just now. Would it be possible to let me know how your possible group works out?
Monday 14 February 2011 8.10am
Hi, just to let you know a new Bridge Club is starting tomorrow night Tuesday 15th February 7.30pm to 9.30pm at The Community Space, 18 Great Guildford Street

Andrew Richadson
Bankside Residents Forum
Saturday 19 February 2011 9.06am
Just to say everyone enjoyed the newly formed Bankside Bridge Society last week, so anyone else who would like to join is most welcomed. Every Tuesday 7.30 to 9.30pm at The Community Space 18 Great Guildford Street.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: