Best Sunday Roast in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 13 November 2010 6.43pm
Having lived in Se1 for six years,I've sampled many a local roast. However none compare to the delicious roast on offer at the Goldsmith pub located on Southwark Bridge road. Just fantastic! At 11 it's cheaper than the Woolpack or the Kings Arms and the portions are much larger. Clearly this pub has a fanastic chef and excellent management and it looks quite nice inside too.
Sunday 14 November 2010 8.25am
agreed...the latest regeneration of the Goldsmith is looking and tasting good
Monday 15 November 2010 8.31am
I haven't tried The Goldsmith but I quite often go to The Royal Oak, Tabard Street, for what has got to be one of the best Sunday roasts in London. Haven't had better - yet!
Sunday 28 November 2010 7.58pm
Having been to both the Royal Oak and the Goldsmith in the last few weeks I can attest to them both being great.

But, having had the Leather Exchange pub's Sunday lunch today, I would say it easily trounces them both. Not cheap, and needs to be booked, but delicious beef and lamb, huge portions of veg and roast taters which got the crispy / fluffy combination just right.

Would love to hear opinions from anyone who's tried all three recently.

No connection, etc.
Monday 29 November 2010 12.10pm
Have tried both Goldsmith's and The Royal Oak lately and its hard hard call to make, to say one is better than the other. Each are fantastic and well worth going out for.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: