Late night Fireworks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 21 November 2010 12.34am
Why is some one setting off really loud fireworks now at 12.30am near Bermondsey Square area??? Surely fireworks night was weeks ago.
Sunday 21 November 2010 4.02am
Simples....because there are enough stupid p****s who don't give a damn about consideration for others. They just like loud noise.........sad.
Sunday 21 November 2010 8.33am
I heard some about 10.30/11 it seemed to be coming from brick/old kent road?
Sunday 21 November 2010 2.46pm
Happy to say, the firweworks have now died down around here, having started a week before bonfire night and carried on a week after...... On a nightly basis. We've heard fireworks going off up to two o'clock in the morning on the weekends and some of the bangs were unbelievably loud. It's one thing at a display I supose, (although not altogether necessary,) but totally out of place in a residential area. If there isn't a law banning fireworks after midnight, and up to a certain decibel level, then there should be. I love firerworks, I could watch them for hours, but horrendously loud bangs isn't entertainment as far as I'm concerned. As Philpotts says, total lack of consideration for other people. These morons care only about their own enjoyment and have no thought for anyone with frightened dogs, sleeping children, people on shift work or the sick and dying.
Sunday 21 November 2010 3.28pm
The law is that you can't let them off after 11pm except at New Year, Chinese New Year, Diwali and bonfire night.
Sunday 21 November 2010 4.43pm
Yet another law that goes uninforced then, Beetroot.
Or perhaps it's just my area. It seems to be a law unto itself in lots of things. Double yellow lines for example where, everywhere else in the country, they mean no parking 24/7. In Southend they are not in force after six p.m. The reason? Because my local District Council do not want to pay wardens after that time and the police can't be bothered. There are several areas where there are accidents waiting to happen but, of course, nothing will be done until it does happen. Maybe not even then. There are entrances to some roads where vehicles habitually park overnight on the corners on double yellows and it's just about possible to get a car in to those roads. If ever an emergency vehicle had to attend, particularly a fire appliance, it would have no chance and lives could be lost.
I've strayed off topic again, sorry.
Sunday 21 November 2010 4.52pm
Don't worry about the fire brigade lads - they have a 13 ton battering ram under them that has a winch capable of pulling a 3 ton dead weight.

So their truck vs an illegally parked car? - my bet's on the boys in blue.
Sunday 21 November 2010 7.31pm
The wardens are hot on the wrong parking here, Chalkey. However it's standard practice to run the red lights-sometimes 7 cars!

A few weeks before bonfire night this year I saw some teenagers let a rocket off horizontally on Jamaica Road, heading down the pavement. They seemed to do it from something they were holding onto!
Sunday 21 November 2010 9.22pm
I hear what you say, Boss St. Bloke, and I would shed no tears for the wrecked cars. But I would shed a tear for any lives lost due to the minutes, or even seconds wasted dragging those cars out of the way. And if there were kids involved I would personally drag the owners of those cars down the street.... And I wouldn't need a winch!
Re running red lights, Beetroot. Yes, we get a lot of that here too. The worst culprits are cyclists. I had a close encounter myself last week, at a controlled pedestrian crossing. The cars stopped and me and a few other peds began crossing. A cyclist, who was dressed as though he'd taken the wrong turning from the Tour de France, came whizzing through the red light and I actually felt the draught on the back of my neck. That's how close he came to mowing me down.
Monday 22 November 2010 5.20pm
Fireworks going off late on Saturday night in St James by bermondsey teub
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: