Fire Alarm - every Sunday

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 22 November 2010 2.59pm
Hello,

Every Sunday at approx 10.00am for an hour around the Druid Street/Tooley Street area we hear the sound of an automatic fire alarm coming from a building. It's a recorded message involving warning sounds and a woman's voice repeating something along the lines of 'Fire, there is a fire in the building, please evacuate by the nearest exit'.

Does anyone know where this might be coming from?

Thanks
Monday 22 November 2010 3.38pm
I would try and identify the building by having a walk around. If impossible then call the fire brigade, after all it is a fire alarm and you have no idea if it is a test or not!
Monday 22 November 2010 10.16pm
it's coming from the building to the left of city hall if you were walking up towards city hall through potter's fields. I could hear it from long lane as I walked with the dog up to the river.
pretty loud as you get nearer. does it every Sunday .
Monday 22 November 2010 10.54pm
hslc wrote:
it's coming from the building to the left of city hall if you were walking up towards city hall through potter's fields. I could hear it from long lane as I walked with the dog up to the river.
pretty loud as you get nearer. does it every Sunday .

to the left of City Hall would be the Scoop:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/places/scoop
Tuesday 23 November 2010 6.38pm
err, if you are walking towards city hall, THROUGH potter's fields( tooley st would be behind you) then there is a long building, perpendicular to city hall on the left as you are walking towards the river. it's offices.
the scoop is not really a building as such. possibly I would have described it as the scoop, had this been the source of the alarm message.
Tuesday 23 November 2010 7.14pm
Jerry wrote:
If impossible then call the fire brigade

Don't be silly - emergencies only (I am sure you were joking - hope so!)

Call the Council's Noise Team - they can deal with alarms 24/7
Tuesday 23 November 2010 7.53pm
Thanks guys. Hslc - I knew which one you meant, the one where you can see the staff canteen. I think it's Weavers Lane. I'll call the noise team when the inevitable happens on Sunday.
Tuesday 23 November 2010 8.25pm
Are you sure it's not the smoke alarm after John burning the toast?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: