Getting plastered

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 16 April 2004 9.43am
Does anyone on here know of a good local plasterer who is up for doing small amounts of regular work, probably a couple of days a month?
Friday 16 April 2004 6.28pm
Ooh if anyone does know of anyone, I need one too :-) for large-ish room.

Do they exist in this area tho? I've been looking for months...
Sunday 18 April 2004 11.58am
I'm a plasterer. Have been plastering in Brighton (last week) and Reading, yesterday (Sat). Would prefer to work locally! Based in Shad Thames Area, will be pleased to have a look at what needs to be done.

Give me a call 07767 686 906

Jonathan
Thursday 1 July 2004 1.08pm
Was he any good, BB?

Thursday 1 July 2004 1.11pm
Or rather, did you find one who was any good?
Jac
Thursday 1 July 2004 5.06pm
Mapmaker if you are looking for a plasterer you could try. Lindsey Gibbons 0208 690 5330. He runs a firm and I have used him to replaster part of an new built extention, replaster a hall way and some more complex curved cieling on a stairway. He turned up on time both to estimate and do the job and I had a team of about 5 in who did it all in one go. It was a bit messy but then again plastering always is,and they cleared up afterward. It was also fab to get it over and done with in one go. Lindsey always comes on domestic jobs and I was certainly happy using him and would/will do so again
Thursday 1 July 2004 5.30pm
The number called has been changed and Lindsey's number is 07771 570453. Thanks, Jac, I'll see if he gets back to me.

Saturday 3 July 2004 10.57am
James

Any chance you could set up a section for local tradesmen with recommendations from your esteemed fan base?

I have asked for/received great help from the forum for cleaners/decorators etc and as we all know, good builders are about as easy to come by as the Golden Fleece.
Saturday 3 July 2004 12.50pm
Yes, some kind of compilation/easy navigation to the information exchanged on the forum about tradesmen is planned.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 1 September 2004 10.04am
Jac

A big thank you for recommending Lindsey.

His team came on Monday morning & left Monday afternoon having cleaned up. Plastering is a bit messy as you say, but they did an excellent job & cleaned up too. They certainly left some parts cleaner than they were when I left.

He was very reasonable in price, too & is coming back soon to tank my coal cellar.

Does anybody have a good wallpaperer?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: