Frosted windows

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
KatRado Sunday 28 November 2010 12.35pm
I have a large kitchen window which is currently covered with net curtains for privacy that I would like to replace with frosted window film.

Has any SE1'ers recommend a company who I can buy this film from and who also come and install it for me at a reasonable cost? I have already bought film and covered our small kitchen window myself but the remaining window is just that too big for me to tackle ....

Many thanks.
Boss St Bloke Sunday 28 November 2010 1.11pm
Have you considered acid etching as an alternative to a large etched film area?

You could etch the window yourself and save money.

lyly10388 Monday 29 November 2010 5.53am
Thank you so much for your post.

KatRado Monday 29 November 2010 7.43am
Thanks for your suggestion however, as the property is Council owned, I don't think we would be allowed to do anything as permanent as acid etching ? Does anyone else have any suggestions re where to get the frosted film and someone to apply it? Many thanks.
bankside Monday 29 November 2010 8.55am
I know you can buy if from IKEA but its DIY

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions