Oven cleaning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 29 November 2010 11.20am
I am desperately trying to find a professional oven cleaning company who will come to SE1 to clean my oven without charging the earth !!

I have found some companies on this website only to find that , despite saying they cover south London, they are based in Kent or Surrey and want to charge a fortune to come to us .... Please can anyone help ? Many thanks.
Monday 6 December 2010 10.53am
How much are you willing to pay?
Monday 6 December 2010 11.12am
The going rate for a single oven seems to be 40-45 pounds so no more than this !
Monday 6 December 2010 12.23pm
In the meantime, have you tried bicarb? I've always used it and when I read your posting wondered if I'm alone in my eccentricity. So I Googled it and found this (pasted below). Possibly not of interest to you in this instance, but I thought I'd share :)

1- CLEANING THE OVEN

Conventional oven cleaners are one of the most toxic cleaning products you can have in your home. Bicarbonate of soda works effectively to degrease and get rid of burnt on food waste.

To clean a greasy oven spray the base of the cold oven with water, sprinkle on a thick layer of bicarbonate of soda and leave it to work for an hour or so,or overnight.

Using a spatula or palette knife, scrape away the grease, dirt and baking soda.

Rinse with plenty of very hot water and your oven will be clean.
Monday 6 December 2010 12.42pm
Thanks for the tip but I really don't have the time or energy to do this myself at the moment hence my need for a professional . Perhaps if it wasn't so bad I may have had a go .....
Monday 6 December 2010 8.39pm
Oven cleaning...umm this brings back memories..1964 newly acquired oven.. a wonderful Cannon with foldaway grill and the oven had a ridged inner at the top, virtually impossible to clean, a helpful neighbour suggested leaving a dish of ammonia in the oven overnight and the fumes would remove the grease, bad move as we only had 2 rooms and the pungent breath taking smell meant we had to open the windows and go to the toilet on the outside landing and throw the smelly stuff away...

bi-carb would have been a better choice!
Monday 6 December 2010 9.23pm
We used Oven Sheen (www.ovensheen.com)earlier this year and they done a great job. Cost was 68 for a normal sized oven but larger ones would cost more.
Give them a call.
Tuesday 7 December 2010 9.07pm
Thanks for tip - I have contacted Oven Sheen and they are coming out on the 20th December to tackle my oven. Can't wait !! :)
Wednesday 8 December 2010 12.02am
Please can you take some before and after pictures of your oven for reference and post them here.

I am dying to see what 68 worth of oven cleaning and scrubbing looks like (honest, I am not taking the Mick)

Me? - well I scrub mine within an inch of it's life after it has ingested a pizza or a couple of pork chops.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: