Dog training - not classes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 29 November 2010 11.59am
Is anyone out there interested in getting together and training their dogs? I've got a 12 month old Tibetan terrier cross and have been doing some training with her loosely based on the Training Levels website run by Sue Ailsby. It's clicker training using positive methods.

My dog is not the kind who will do anything just to please me, so progress is slow. But I'd like to take things more seriously now that she's a bit older. This would be easier if we could occasionally meet up with other like-minded people and doggies. The main aim for me is good communication with ma dawg and possibly taking part in agility sometime in the future.

Any takers?
Wednesday 8 December 2010 11.44am
Hi there,

I work for the community outreach team for parks and came across your message. I am looking to organise an activity at either Bermondsey Spa or Paterson Park in January and believe that a dog training class of some form would be ideal to meet some local people's needs.
There has been dog shows run at both of these parks previously, but a regular training session would be great for the area.
Depending on need I would be interested in sourcing somebody to lead some training sessions in one of our parks.
Please do get in touch.

Kind Regards,

Emma Longman
Community Outrech Officer
Parks and Open Spaces
emma.longman@southwark.gov.uk
0207 525 0879
Wednesday 22 December 2010 12.32pm
Hi there,
I would definetely be interested in some dog training classes in either park for our mini schnauzer. She enjoys both parks very much as well as the company of other dogs. She responds well to training but we really haven't done enough with her for a while. She's just over a year old as well. There are quite a few dogs that come to Patterson Park in the evenings so I imagine there would be quite a bit of interest in this.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Wednesday 22 December 2010 8.37pm
I have a friend who does dog training and she lives
in SE1. Her name is Sue and her phone number is
07894 512321 and her email is sue@crispej.org.uk.
Good luck
Thursday 19 January 2012 3.07pm
Did anything happen with this? Or does anyone know of any other dog training classes in SE1?
Thursday 9 February 2012 7.42pm
lucysalisbury wrote:
Did anything happen with this? Or does anyone know of any other dog training classes in SE1?

A year after my original post, I just logged on to see if anything had come up about dog classes.

There were a few classes held in GMH park last year with a trainer from Brixton and District Dog Training Club. To the best of my knowledge this is still the nearest dog club. They have contact details for puppy classes at Andrew Kirby vets on Grange Road, but if your dog is older I still know of no suitable classes.

I am continuing to train my dog by myself, but it would be lovely to do some of the exercises with the distraction of other dogs around. I'd really love to do agility, but there is nothing available until you get to the edges of London.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: