Christmas Tree, oh Christmas tree

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 29 November 2010 3.22pm
So where can I get a decent tree at a good price within dragging distance of Elephant?
Monday 29 November 2010 3.56pm
B&Q?
Monday 29 November 2010 4.46pm
B&Q definitely have them (but I wouldn't want to carry back to E&C from there). They're out the back with the gardening stuff.

Not sure if Tescos or Asda on OKR have them. They were going to be our next stop if B&Q hadn't had them on Sunday. But they're also a bit of a trek from E&C itself.

If you're Nth side of E&C, then Denise's Florist or the greengrocer (both on Gt Suffolk St) both generally have trees for sale. Denise's had trees when we went past on Sat, but I didn't look at the g'grocers (although we got our tree from there last yr).

If you're Walworth side, wouldn't someone on East St Market be selling trees?

Good luck

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 29 November 2010 5.48pm
I got mine in East Street last year, half the price of similar ones in B&Q.
Monday 29 November 2010 9.25pm
In previous years, I've got mine from the grocer in Lower Marsh (at the Baylis Road end)
Tuesday 30 November 2010 12.32pm
Ooh, East Street - didn't think of that. Will try there on the weekend.
Monday 6 December 2010 10.01am
Can report excellent Christmas trees (7 feet for 35) at east street market. About 2/3s of the way down, on the right.
Monday 6 December 2010 12.09pm
I got my Christmas tree from B&Q on Friday - a 5ft one cost 12.50 and I got a really lovely (and real!) wreath for my door for 7.50. Stand to go with was 10.

The trees come wrapped in that sort of wire stuff, so if you want a big one, get a mate to help you carry it to the bus stop and then hop on down to E&C. Done!
Wednesday 22 December 2010 6.02pm
So have I just left it far too late?
Tried B&Q and East St today with no luck. Hoping Borough Market tomorrow might still have some.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: