SE1 run out of broadband slots ???

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Wednesday 1 December 2010 12.34pm
Hi guys,

Have to be thinking this can't be true....

Can someone confirm whether the Bermondsey BT exchange has run out of broadband slots. Told today by my provider I was getting it from that the exchange is totally maxed out for broadband allocations for ALL providers and BT will review it in march 2011???****
Wednesday 1 December 2010 12.43pm
I'd try speaking to a different (unbundled) provider, e.g. BE Unlimited (Note: they're the same as O2).
Wednesday 1 December 2010 12.50pm
I'm not with BT (we have Virgin Media), but since everyone started raving (including me!) about how good their broadband speed is/was, the speed has dropped drastically to nearly half of what I used to get. Perhaps there are too many people taking up broadband in this wonderful part of London??
Wednesday 1 December 2010 12.54pm
They said would be same answer from every provider , I will do a few calls ...can't believe this could be true in Daves new 'digital britain'
Wednesday 1 December 2010 12.58pm
BE have their own non-BT equipment in the exchange so even if BT are at capacity (doubtful), you should be able to get a BE line with no problems. http://www.bethere.co.uk

Hope this helps
Wednesday 1 December 2010 1.35pm
Thanks for that , have signed up with Bethere and should know within 7 days ...
Wednesday 1 December 2010 5.15pm
Recently if you do a search in Google your location is detected and displayed on left of results page as:

which you can change, which I never have. I was wondering why it detects me as Camberwell? I'm with BT so maybe I'm being routed through the Camberwell exchange rather than Long Lane to relieve pressure on the local exchange.
Wednesday 1 December 2010 5.24pm
Google thinks all of Southwark is Camberwell. Just search for any local location on Google Maps and you will see.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 1 December 2010 5.33pm
I was told the same thing and went with BT and they have been dreadful - signing me up to a contract I never agreed to and its been really slow....
Wednesday 1 December 2010 5.47pm
James Hatts wrote:
Google thinks all of Southwark is Camberwell. Just search for any local location on Google Maps and you will see.

Cheers, I didn't know that.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network