Former Lighting Shop - Kennington Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 2 December 2010 10.23pm
Does anyone remember the lighting shop that used to be there on Kennington Road by Lambeth North station? Closed about two years ago or so. I remember speaking to the owner before he closed and he said he was taking his business to online only, anyone know his site/business name? He always had much more interesting choices than the normal high street stuff.

Thanks for any help.

Friday 3 December 2010 12.27pm
I do remember him, we bought several lights there and we were looking for him the other week, I couldn't find a trace of him anywhere. His shop was called the designer light or lighting shop I think, and his name was James MacFarland. If you have any better luck than me, please let me know.

Friday 3 December 2010 3.20pm
Nice fellow, he kindly found some work for me when I started Bigvan all those years ago - told me I'd never make any money, and that I would just have people moaning at me - how prophetic!
Monday 6 December 2010 9.10am
He briefly operated from an office in Lower Marsh but I understand his business is now closed. Unfortunely he was very ill and was out of commission for a long period.
Tuesday 7 December 2010 8.52am
Thanks everyone for the response, that's sad news richard.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: