Hate to Post it-but THE POST

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 100 of 101
Friday 25 September 2015 5.03pm
yes- that's quite right KellandJ!
Saturday 26 September 2015 10.13am
kellandj wrote:
graham wrote:
Post box collection times are moving to 9am.

moving? se15 'moved' six months ago ...
first and last collection 0900

See http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/postboxes-faqs

quote 'We are improving the level of public access to postboxes in areas of under-provision, by adding around 2,000 boxes to the 115,000 we currently have. 45,000 to 50,000 low-use boxes will move to ‘collection on delivery’ with the postman or woman emptying the box on their round, rather than providing a dedicated collection by van. No postboxes will be removed from service as a result of this initiative.'

So if yours is a 'low-use' postbox it will be emptied by the delivery postman/woman at whatever time they do their round (which they claim is 'any time up to 3.00pm but not before 9.00am'!)

Our local postbox still says 6.30, and 1.00 on Saturday, and the website http://www.localpostbox.co.uk/ hasn't been updated yet.
Monday 2 November 2015 9.53pm
If you live in Copperfield st/ Winchester buildings we around the corner are getting your post on a daily basis- when I am here I hand deliver it to you ( but been away a lot last few weeks) I believe others put it back into the post box.

Please report this to RM head office ‎moya.greene@royalmail.com We have done this in the past but they take no notice?
Don't want you to lose your post.
Thursday 3 March 2016 10.57pm
Am I the only one in SE1 who hasn't had any post this week? I'm waiting on stuff that should have been here days ago. I'm getting sick of complaining now.
Friday 4 March 2016 8.15am
I haven't had anything for a going on 2 weeks...but I just assumed nobody loved me.
Friday 4 March 2016 1.01pm
Currently on go slow to stop here off SBR - one to two deliveries a week- many wrong deliveries that never seems to change!
Friday 4 March 2016 1.10pm
The same sort of problem is in SE23 [ Forest Hill ] where my mum lives - however I must be very lucky as 99% or my post arrives ok where I live - however would gladly give that up to live in SE1
Thursday 29 September 2016 12.37pm
Had a more unusual post issue a couple of times recently - I've missed a parcel and requested redelivery and, twice now, the parcel hasn't turned up on the day I requested it for but has, instead, been redelivered the day after I requested it. Particularly irritating to get another red slip with the "this was a redelivery as per your request" box ticked when it wasn't as per my request...

Anyone else had this? It's strange because I've previously had no issues at all getting things redelivered.
Saturday 22 April 2017 3.10pm
Our old pal (!) and the thread that has bore children threads but has ever-lasting life; The Post!
So on the 15t of April - I had the usual red card for recorded delivery put through my door when I was IN with no attempt to ring the door bell or deliver. I don't re-order a delivery on line much these days, as I have found that is when my parcels go missing. So first chance I got to skip down to Mandela Way sorting was yesterday. I was also expecting a second item posted April 11th but as of yesterday had not arrived.
So when I handed the member of staff my red card for the first item - I said could you look please and see if there is a 2nd item that is long overdue. Low and behold he came back after a while, with my red card signed for item and the second parcel I was waiting for which had been aggressively ripped open with bits hanging out.
I questioned the staff member as to why there had been no attempt to deliver this item and no red card left to which he replied ( brace yourself) Postmen are only allowed to deliver one red card per address per week! So when I probed- how was I suppose to know it was here at the sorting office he said- you would have found out when you picked your other parcel up! At this the queue forming behind me went into uproar- with shouts of rubbish and a lot worst.
When I said -so if I had re-orderd the red carded item on line- I would not of know about the second item? To which I got a shrug? And when I asked him about the second parcel being ripped open - he refused to answer. On being asked to speak to a manager he said LUNCH!
As you can imagine - I have sent a formal complaint to the CEOs office. Just to make clear this was two separate items from two sources so not lumped in together. As mentioned elsewhere I had a proven theft in Mandela Way of an item last year that RM had to compensate me for ( after pushing for it)
Beggers Belief!
Saturday 22 April 2017 8.34pm
Seems to be getting worse - Is Bricklayers Arms sorting office set to close?
Current: 100 of 101

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network